Sunday, March 22, 2009

Winter Vacation

My DH and I went to PA last weekend to visit our parents. While we were in Erie, we took a short jaunt to the penninsula. It juts out into Lake Erie and is a pretty drive with the bay side and the lake side having their own personalities. My husband and friend took a walk and I tried out my metal detector on the beach side. There is still a lot of ice on the lake and beach.
The only thing I found was a spring and after 30 min. I was COLD.

Here is an over-view of the bay side,



Here are a few of the lake side,

















After Erie, we traveled to Pittsburgh to see my parents. We had nothing planned so my Mom and I went to The Quilt Company. If you ever have the chance to go there, do so. It is fabulous. Bright and airy with lots of room to move around and shop in. We picked out a purse pattern that we both liked, 'cause it looked simple, and then the fabric to make them (with no promises on when it would be done).
Here's the purse pattern with my Mom's fabric choices on the left and mine on the right.




Fat quarters etc.








It was a good trip. The weather was nice and sunny (unusual for Erie, PA).

The mail man brought our vacation 'hold' mail on Thursday and I had lots of goodies. The linen of the month from Hand Dyed Fibers which has been one of the best things I ever signed up for. It has a soft feel and the colors are perfect for samplers. A new file-a-floss box. I spent Friday night and part of Sat. bagging up my silk threads and filing them. ('ll show pictures later) I also received a gift from my secret stitcher. What a wonderful surprise. She included everything to make it and green pins so I can make a pinkeep. Lucky socks too. How awesome is that!










While I was working on organizing my sewing supplies and Queen City Sampler Guild
papers, Clark found himself a cozy place to take a nap.

Marsha

8 comments:

Tammy said...

Hi Marsha!
Sounds like you had a great trip, the pictures are beautiful.
Thanks for sharing the link to the quilt shop, I will NEED to go there one day :-)
My friend, Deb made the Tulip Purse, very nice purse! A few friends and I are getting together on the 30th to make our own Tulip purses with Deb showing the way, I can't wait! I think you and your Mom's fabric choices are perfect.
Do you know what you are going to stitch on your new linen yet?
Happy Stitching!
Tam
PS Once again Clark is just being too cute and he looks comfy cozy too.

Marsha said...

How cool you are making the same purse. Sounds like a fun day. The International Quilt Show is in Pgh. this year. Maybe you can talk some friends into going! Then you can see the store. The new linen doesn't have a plan yet - but I'm debating A Most Noble Pursuit. Thanks for commenting!

Daisy Jayne said...

Wow sounds like you had a great time.....love the purse pattern and both choices of fabric looks fabulous and Clark is just so adorable

mainely stitching said...

I just ordered my Bunny Brown today. I have just LOVED these linens, and stitch them up as fast as they come in!! LOL!

Tammy said...

Thanks Marsha for the kind words about the sheep quilt...I just had to put that black sheep down in the corner ;-) and yes the turkey thing around here is definitely out of control!!
PS thanks for the quilt show info! I'll let you know if we go

Solstitches said...

What wonderful pictures you have shared.
I love the idea of a two hour bag so am off to Google for the Tulip purse pattern :)

Margaret

Hazel said...

Thnaks for your kind comments on my blog! You have a lovely blog. I'll be sure to pop back soon. x

Hazel said...

Beautiful pictures and goodies and what a gorgeous dog! x