Wednesday, May 13, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ADAM!

Today is my middle son, Adam's, 28th birthday. I hope he is having a wonderful day.

I had a nice brunch for Mother's Day. It was my weekend to work and since my son works on Sundays we opted to have a Saturday brunch. My daughter and her family were also in attendance. It was yummy. Ryan made a couple of bacon mats, pancakes - blueberry and plain and scrambled eggs. What is a bacon mat? Why, I'm happy to show you! Here it is uncooked.
And here it is all crispy and ready to eat. It has a lovely crunch and then woosh of bacon fat. It's worth that woosh.


The rain eased up for a couple of days and while I had the chance, I bought my summer flowers:
I got my flowers from one of my favorite local growers Blooms and Berries Farm Market Loveland. Here are some more views of their lovely farm and great flowers. They have a great pumpkin festival every fall too. And new this year is a butterfly house.






This is a picture of Monarch butterfly chrysalis's. They are a beautiful color with a small strip of gold that looks like a couched gold thread. Really awesome. These were going into the butterfly house.


Yesterday was planting day because today and the rest of the week it is going to RAIN!

Marsha

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Blooms and Berries looks like a wonderful place to visit and I think I could get into alot of trouble there. I have never seen a bacon mat before what a great idea!
Hope you take some pics of your garden to share..it looks like it will be beautiful with all your new flowers.

mainely stitching said...

Bacon mats. Drool. Slobber slobber. I must try this!