Saturday, February 12, 2011

It's been a busy, sad week.  We had one of those early morning phone calls....  My very dear MIL passed away in her sleep Sun. morning.  There is no preparation for that, is there?  DH left Mon. to finalize preparations.  I left early Tues. to pick up my parents in Pgh. and then we traveled on to Erie, PA.  We made it just in time for the start of visitation.  DS and DD traveled together and made it minutes before me.  Great to see friends and family.  Sad to say goodbye to a much loved woman.  It was also strange to be so happy for her.  I knew she was now with her beloved Mom and husband and many brothers and sisters in heaven and free of all pain and worries.  The most touching moment was hearing a polish hymn sung by a few women that are in the parish.  When they are gone, the polish hymns will be too.  Erie was like another world to us.  Feet and feet and feet of snow.  Side roads are not clear and there are either ruts to travel in or it's like a huge wash board.  It was bitterly cold too.  One big shock! 

Everyone is home safe and sound but we are all incredibly tired. 

No pictures for a day or two but I did work on 'I Sigh Not for Beauty' today.  Part II.  As I worked over to the right I noticed my count was off - WHAT!!!  I was so careful, what could be off???  Well, if you look at that last picture you can see my error.  The 2nd box under that branch that comes off to the left was not in the correct position.  I ripped and ripped the branches, the box border and that lovely brown flower.  I better get another skein of that dark green silk.  Sigh.  I'm back on track.

Marsha

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very sorry to hear about this Marsha. Deepest sympathies to you and your family.

Martha W

L-bug said...

I'm glad to hear you are back safe and sound. My thoughts were with you.

Hugs,
L-bug

barbara said...

I am so sorry for the huge loss of your mother in law and wish you and your family peace.

Heidi said...

I am so sorry to hear about your MIL. A big loss for you all. Glad to hear everyone made it through the snow safe and sound. It is never easy to loose a dear one but for her to die peacefully in her sleep is a great blessing for her.

I am also sorry to hear about your stitching count being so off that you had to frog so much. I get very discouraged if that happens so happy to hear you are not.

Thanks for your comment about the quilt. It was a fun one to make!

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi