So, I'm a week late posting these pictures but, oh well. At least with a new card in my camera I don't have to deselect hundreds of pictures. I went to Buckhorn State park in eastern Kentucky with my poker buddies. We usually do a January girls ski weekend and last year decided a fall trip would be fun too, It requires endless games of poker, scrabble, Mexican train, oodles, buzz words, quite a bit of alcohol, a walk for our health's sake (snicker) and then do that all over again. Friday night is an appetizer dinner. Saturday breakfast is usually sausage gravy and biscuits, lunch is my black bean chili and leftover appetizers and dinner is grilled filet Mignon, salad, roasted new potatoes and apple pie.
While on our walk, (hike according to Gwyn) I snapped a few pics. It was a gorgeous weekend with clear bright blue skies, full moon nights and just right temperatures for jeans ans sweaters.
Here's Mr. Buckhorn outside of the lodge.
The gorgeous view on the balcony of the lodge. We actually had a two bedroom cabin down the road from the lodge. More conducive to very late nights and raucous laughter.
Walking up to the lodge from the lake. A hike on a trail would have required straight up hiking and then straight down again. These Kentucky hills are crazy steep. The mountain roads were stomach turning switch backs and hair pins with a couple loops thrown in for good measure.
Here are my partners in crime, Gwyn, Cynthia and Heidi.
It was a great get away. Gwyn's saying at the start is 'soak it in girls, soak it in'.
This past weekend, I went to a stitch in on Saturday. I was going to stitch on Christmas ornaments but decided I would like to work on 'I Sigh not for Beauty'. I'm working on the over 1 verse. Just two more lines to go and that area will be complete. Lisa P of The Inspired Stitcher had decided to work on hers too. It is a really fun sampler to stitch on. We are both enjoying it. She is way ahead of me but my excuse is Buddy, the rambunctious puppy.
Toni, a stitcher friend, brought in a large DMC wooden box an ex-shop owner gave to her. It was filled with wool DMC threads. She just wanted the box so the wool was up for grabs and so we did. We all got the colors we wanted and there was still some left. I used to do crewel embroidery before I discovered cross stitch in the 70's but it looks like it's coming back and I'll be ready to make something pretty.
Marsha
2 comments:
We really did have a good time Saturday. I'm so glad you inspired me to pull out "Beauty" and give her some attention. I even started working on the house a little bit yesterday.
Your girlfriend's trip looks like it was just perfect! I know you all had a blast.
It looks like a fun trip--except for the exercise part of it. ROFLOL I am kidding (mostly). ;) Beautiful scenery! I'm glad that you had a good stitch-in, too!
Post a Comment