Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Ornaments and other Goodies Received

First Up, here is the ornament I received from my secret stitcher (the one who sent me gifties), Lisa, The Inspired Stitcher. Isn't it cute?  I'm sure it's a LHD ornament done in my favorite color blue.


Notice the beautiful, sparkly beaded edging. Lisa does wonderful work.


Notice on the back how she stitched a whole nother border around the whole ornament. I'm glad to have an ornament and goodies stitched by my good friend Lisa.


At the Tiara Christmas party I won this cute snowman. I'm not sure who the designer is and the linen is actually a much warmer color than is showing up in my picture. 


It's a pinkeep with gold headed pins along the edge. He was stitched by Christy Y.  She is a very talented stitcher also and inspires me also.  In fact, when I saw her Amy Mitten Forgery 15 - Polly Whitlock 1840 I knew I had to stitch it some day too.  It's in my stash, ready to stitch.  She has also stitched Dutch Beauty and many other wonderful samplers.


The third ornament I received in the Queen City Sampler Guild's Christmas party exchange.  It was stitched by Diane L. Once again, another incredible stitcher.  We have a lot of those in the guild. I am always inspired by her stitching too.


Here is the backing fabric. I know her thread colors were based on this fabric - love it.


Christie M. gifted me with this adorable pin cushion.  She was my Secret Stitcher last year.  The bottom is an old canning jar lid.  It's on my desk already waiting to be stuck and poked.  She also knows I love the color blue.



At our place settings this year we each received a cute needle book, complete with two John James petite needles.



My last gift from Lisa P. for Christmas included this great set of stamps.  I like to make cards and she knows I love bees.

 A lovely set of post its, list and note cards with a bee theme also.  The problem is I have a hard time using them 'cause I like them so much.  I gotta get over that, I know.


And we both share a love of Hello Kitty.  You need to run over there and see the Hello Kitty things she got for her birthday from Jenny of One Stitch Closer to Nirvana.  Way too cute for words.  Looks like I need to do my own internet search for Hello Kitty designs.


Patti F. gifted me with some more cuties.  Patti travels to lots and lots of stitch retreats.  Some day I'll be able to make a trip with her.  She has a unique stitching style that is very happy and vibrant.  She finds the prettiest color linens for her projects.  She is in the guild also so is a sampler lover also. Love this pretty bird.  My Christmas tree this year has my bird ornaments on it so this new one feels right at home.  See the green sparkly needle keeper with my name on it?  Thank you Patti!


My sister, Terry, sent me a big surprise in the mail.  A new ring.  She's the best!  Love you Terry!


Marsha

6 comments:

Siobhán said...

Wow, what talented friends you have! Everything is sooo pretty. I love that ring, too!

Happy new year, Marsha!

Deborah said...

Wonderful gifts! Everything is beautiful!

The Inspired Stitcher said...

What wonderful gifts all around. I'm so glad you liked the things I gave you. I had a great time spoiling you this past year. Hugs!

P.S. The ornament is a Country Cottage Needleworks design from the 2008 JCS Ornaments issue.

barbara said...

Squeal! I love your gifts! :)

Margaret said...

What a lot of eye candy in this post -- and the last post as well! Wow! Lovely gifts and lovely ornies!

Mindi said...

You received some beautiful ornaments and gifts! Love the LHN snowman ornament from Lisa, with the sparkly beaded edge.