While reading Terri's blog Chocolates for Breakfast; Stitching for Lunch the other day, I was pleased and surprised to see that she was starting a 2 year SAL. Very early this summer I treated myself to a sampler from The Scarlet Letter. My plan is to buy silks while I am still working and get a nice stash going for when I eventually retire from the working world. I went through the whole online catalog and marked down the samplers that really spoke to me. I let them stew for a week or two and then went back through them to pick just one. The colors just said 'You need to stitch ME. Pick ME, pick Me'. And so, Susan Singleton came to live with me. And Susan Singleton is the 2 year SAL that she is stitching along with Debbie of Threadgatherer and Sandra of Sampler Lovers Blog.
One of my mother's sayings that has always stuck with me is 'Marsha, just ask. The worst they can say is no.' (I was very shy) So, I asked Terri if I may join. She said Yes! So, I will be starting Susan Singleton very soon. She'll have to fit into rotation with Lizzie Kate's Mystery SAL and I Sigh Not for Beauty and the various Christmas ornaments that will need stitching. Her colors are gorgeous as you'll see below.
Her red's are soft like this flower cluster taken through the lens that had steamed up going from air conditioning to the humid hurricane Issac air. (Now THAT's a run on sentence!)

Here she is packaged up and ready to go.
Part of her attraction is the gorgeous blues in my favorite hues.
I opted for the silk and linen kit. You should see the size of the linen cut. It's a little intimidating. 2 years might not cover it as I know I'll want to stitch other things too but I'm excited to try.
The pinks are similar to this flower cluster.
So, I'm ready to start and want to thank Terri, Sandra and Debbie once again for letting me SAL with them.
Marsha
PS. Get over to the Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe for a fantastic giveaway.
One of my mother's sayings that has always stuck with me is 'Marsha, just ask. The worst they can say is no.' (I was very shy) So, I asked Terri if I may join. She said Yes! So, I will be starting Susan Singleton very soon. She'll have to fit into rotation with Lizzie Kate's Mystery SAL and I Sigh Not for Beauty and the various Christmas ornaments that will need stitching. Her colors are gorgeous as you'll see below.
Her red's are soft like this flower cluster taken through the lens that had steamed up going from air conditioning to the humid hurricane Issac air. (Now THAT's a run on sentence!)
Here she is packaged up and ready to go.
Part of her attraction is the gorgeous blues in my favorite hues.
I opted for the silk and linen kit. You should see the size of the linen cut. It's a little intimidating. 2 years might not cover it as I know I'll want to stitch other things too but I'm excited to try.
The pinks are similar to this flower cluster.
So, I'm ready to start and want to thank Terri, Sandra and Debbie once again for letting me SAL with them.
Marsha
PS. Get over to the Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe for a fantastic giveaway.
10 comments:
She's a beautiful sampler and large! Gorgeous colors - enjoy the SAL. Obviously, you were meant to stitch her.
That is going to be a very beautiful sampler! Enjoy the SAL.
So lovely to see the kit. I joined the club too and waiting now for the supplies to arrive. :)
It will be fun to stitch it together
Love your flower pictures too. You are right, these colors do remind me too about this sampler.
I'm like Gabi -- I joined the SAL too! lol! Ordered and waiting. Nice to see what the fibers and linen look like! Is it 35 or 40ct linen? Looking forward to the SAL!
Welcome to the Club lol. It is going to be lovely working this piece along with all of you. - Sandra.
Can't wait to watch this one grow! The colors are juicy!
It is a beautiful sampler I have it kitted with 40 ct lakeside patina and the called for dmc..can't wait to see your progress pics
Beautiful floss colours! Enjoy your sal!
Hi Marsha! What a beauty your sampler will be. I have some wonderful patterns that I never seem to get around to. Why? I started to crochet...not good. An addiction that is taking over. I however am going to get some pieces done this year if it kills me so I can start some new stitchy things next year. :-)
I heard from my mother that Ohio is enjoying some pretty and cool days so your autumn colors should be arriving soon I think.
Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi
I love the colours of the floss and the flower too!
I'm invited to join the SAL for The Susan Singleton by Gaby and Sandra. I'm still waiting for my supplies and looking forward to start this sampler with the group.It's good that we stitch it together.Thank you for letting me join the SAL!
Have an nice week-end, Evelyne
http://eefsneedle.blogspot.com
Post a Comment