Keepsakes Framing and Stitching hosts a great Stitch Away retreat in January. This was their 10th year. Lots of friends, stitching and sharing. A nice dedicated time for stitching. I love it.
Here are Meem and Anna Mae stitching. Meem is the extrovert and Anna Mae is quiet and rolls her eyes at our antics.
Christie of Indigo Rain and Lisa The Inspired Stitcher my stitching peeps.

One highlight of the weekend was getting to meet Lisa's girl, Shelby. What a sweetheart. Her DH was kind to bring her over for a little visit with those of us who hear about her and love her from afar. A very pretty lady with nice manners.
One of the highlights of the weekend comes Saturday night when people share what they've stitched. Here is a view of the beauties.
I also worked on I Sigh Not for Beauty. I really want to finish Beauty this year. She's a fun stitch and deserves to be done and framed. I'm getting close.
It was Keepsakes 10th year hosting the stitch away. Our first gift, when we arrived was this box filled with treats and free charts. Through out the weekend we received 10 gifts.
These are some of the gifts. Eight of the gifts are notions. One of the gifts was a gorgeous necklace. Lisa has more information on her blog.
Here's our friend Toni. She makes us laugh like crazy. She has a heart of gold and I'm so glad I count her as a friend.
Here's Linda sporting her Valentine's day head gear. Every day she wore a different tiara. She works like crazy to help with this stitch away.
Here are Meem and Anna Mae stitching. Meem is the extrovert and Anna Mae is quiet and rolls her eyes at our antics.
Christie of Indigo Rain and Lisa The Inspired Stitcher my stitching peeps.
Here's a room view. 80 plus women attended this year. 80 women with like minded joy in stitching. Yeah us!
One of the highlights of the weekend comes Saturday night when people share what they've stitched. Here is a view of the beauties.
I was a part of this show and tell. (Lisa has more pictures on her blog) I did the black variation.
While I was on the weekend, I spent each day stitching on one thing. I didn't flip from one thing to another but stay focused. It helped me get a lot done. First is Susan Singleton my Scarlet Letter SAL. I love it.
Here the latest on my La D Da Margaret Cottam. Bad picture, sorry. It's on 35 ct. Confederate Grey.
I also worked on I Sigh Not for Beauty. I really want to finish Beauty this year. She's a fun stitch and deserves to be done and framed. I'm getting close.
It was Keepsakes 10th year hosting the stitch away. Our first gift, when we arrived was this box filled with treats and free charts. Through out the weekend we received 10 gifts.
These are some of the gifts. Eight of the gifts are notions. One of the gifts was a gorgeous necklace. Lisa has more information on her blog.
Last, was my stash enhancement for the weekend.
I love this linen. It's shadowy but it shows the silver flecks that are scattered throughout the linen. It will be perfect for a winter or Christmas sampler.
Well, that was my wonderful weekend. I think at great time was had by all. I know I had a great time.
Marsha
14 comments:
Great pictures! It sounds like a fantastic weekend. I think I need smelling salts after seeing your WIPs--they're all stunning. Susan Singleton is gorgeous!
Oh what a fantastic time!! Great progress and fun stash.
It looks like such a fun weekend! And getting to meet Shelby too -- fun fun!
Mighty fine stitching!
You got some great pictures, Marsha! I love the one of my girl. I was so proud of her for being so good with you all. You really did make some nice progress. It was fun spending time together.
Lots of fun pictures and beautiful stitching! It's great to spend time with friends of the stitching persuasion!
Looks like you all had so much fun. I like that tiara!
Very nice stash too and beautiful stitching.
:o)
Marsha,
It looks like you all had a great time last weekend.
When you finish "I Sigh", please email me a photo for my blog.
I hope to see Susan Singleton in person sometime soon...I've added her to my SL wish list.
Stay warm--it's pretty cold here, isn't it?
Thank you for sharing, it must be such great fun to attend a retreat. I Sigh is on my to stitch list after TSL year. The Kingfisher is amazing.
Marsha, your I Sigh Not For Beauty is fabulous--I hope you do finish it this year. What an accomplishment that would be... Looks like everyone had a great time--and how nice that Lisa's dog made an appearance. Shelby is gorgeous!
I really enjoyed your post. Every time I see Mararet Cottam, I think about stitching her. Great projects going!
Looks like a fun week-end with lots of lovely stitching!
Wow! What an awesome retreat! They are just so much fun and its wonderful being surrounded by such talented ladies!
Hi Marcha,I'm one of the person from the Susan Singleton SAL.
I think that only you, Gabi and me are bussy with Susan S at this moment.
I try too get inn the Scarlet Letter Year Challenge also.
Your Susan and The "I Sigh Not For Beauty " are both fabulous!
Happy stitching, Evelyne
http://eefsneedle.blogspot.com
Post a Comment