What happened! It's the 4th of July! I miss June already. Ahh well. It was a beautiful month. A little hot but not too bad. Before we get to the stitchy stuff, I'm going to make you suffer through some flower pictures from around my yard. The roses and flowers have been gorgeous this year.
I got this hosta 12 years ago for our 25th wedding anniversary. It's called 'silver anniversary'. It is huge now.

I was scouting out some new flowers at my local nursery/fruit stand and kept smelling the most wonderful lily smell. I followed my nose and found the source. It's a proven winner 'Bonaire'. Heavenly. I will be planting it now that the flowers are done blooming.
This is part of my front walkway. The large rhododendrons are covered in purple blooms in the spring.
I love my pee wee oak leaf hydrangea and the newest blue one in the back was planted last summer and has taken off like crazy. I think those proven winners are worth their somewhat expensive price.
On a whim I decided to start stitching another round of Prairie Schooler monthly ornaments. I decided since I have three children maybe they'd each like a year of pillows that I made. I have LHD's monthly series and Prairie Schooler's first series.
A relaxing, comfort stitch as my friend, Lisa, The Inspired Stitcher says. These will all be done on 32 ct. natural linen, two ply DMC. Jam packed with stitching.
This week I pulled out Penny America by Tree of Life Samplings. I think I started last July and only got a few flowers done on the left. For some reason, this year I got all the flowers, basket and fireworks completed. The penny borders on the right and left will be left for another stitch fest. Who knows, maybe by next July I'll finally get it finished.
I was hoping for a brighter day to take its picture, but it's been pouring most of the day here. This is done on 36 ct macadamia nut linen from Tree of Life Sampling. She did not have the 40 ct. at the time that I ordered. It's a gorgeous color linen.
This is a picture of it completed. That's a lot of border stitching but easier to do.

And now for the fun part. In all the years I've been buying charts (starting in 1976), I have very rarely bought duplicates. Maybe 2 or 3 times. But I did it in May and surprised myself. I have one whole binder of Prairie Schooler and was sure I did not have these designs. Silly me, I had them both. What a banana head.
Well now, it's your lucky day. I recently celebrated my 60th birthday with a great party. I tried to get it together to have a giveaway at the same time and draw a winner on my birthday but I'm not that organized anymore. You know, being 60 and all. Sooo, I'm having a giveaway now! You will get both of these wonderful Prairie Schooler charts.
You'll also win ALL the DMC threads that are used in the charts, the floss bags to keep them in, and a nice big ring to keep them all together.

Oh, and one more thing. I've been trying to get to 100 followers. So, tell your friends, neighbors and countrymen (that stitch and would like to win) to sign up as a legit follower. I will be pulling a winner on July 15th. If I have 100 followers by the 15th, I'll also add enough natural color linen in 32 count to finish all of these ornaments. ( by that, I mean, the front side. You'll need your own fabric for the back) I only need 8 more followers!
Happy Stitching!
Marsha
I got this hosta 12 years ago for our 25th wedding anniversary. It's called 'silver anniversary'. It is huge now.
I was scouting out some new flowers at my local nursery/fruit stand and kept smelling the most wonderful lily smell. I followed my nose and found the source. It's a proven winner 'Bonaire'. Heavenly. I will be planting it now that the flowers are done blooming.
This is part of my front walkway. The large rhododendrons are covered in purple blooms in the spring.
I love my pee wee oak leaf hydrangea and the newest blue one in the back was planted last summer and has taken off like crazy. I think those proven winners are worth their somewhat expensive price.
On a whim I decided to start stitching another round of Prairie Schooler monthly ornaments. I decided since I have three children maybe they'd each like a year of pillows that I made. I have LHD's monthly series and Prairie Schooler's first series.
A relaxing, comfort stitch as my friend, Lisa, The Inspired Stitcher says. These will all be done on 32 ct. natural linen, two ply DMC. Jam packed with stitching.
This week I pulled out Penny America by Tree of Life Samplings. I think I started last July and only got a few flowers done on the left. For some reason, this year I got all the flowers, basket and fireworks completed. The penny borders on the right and left will be left for another stitch fest. Who knows, maybe by next July I'll finally get it finished.
I was hoping for a brighter day to take its picture, but it's been pouring most of the day here. This is done on 36 ct macadamia nut linen from Tree of Life Sampling. She did not have the 40 ct. at the time that I ordered. It's a gorgeous color linen.
This is a picture of it completed. That's a lot of border stitching but easier to do.
And now for the fun part. In all the years I've been buying charts (starting in 1976), I have very rarely bought duplicates. Maybe 2 or 3 times. But I did it in May and surprised myself. I have one whole binder of Prairie Schooler and was sure I did not have these designs. Silly me, I had them both. What a banana head.
Well now, it's your lucky day. I recently celebrated my 60th birthday with a great party. I tried to get it together to have a giveaway at the same time and draw a winner on my birthday but I'm not that organized anymore. You know, being 60 and all. Sooo, I'm having a giveaway now! You will get both of these wonderful Prairie Schooler charts.
You'll also win ALL the DMC threads that are used in the charts, the floss bags to keep them in, and a nice big ring to keep them all together.
Oh, and one more thing. I've been trying to get to 100 followers. So, tell your friends, neighbors and countrymen (that stitch and would like to win) to sign up as a legit follower. I will be pulling a winner on July 15th. If I have 100 followers by the 15th, I'll also add enough natural color linen in 32 count to finish all of these ornaments. ( by that, I mean, the front side. You'll need your own fabric for the back) I only need 8 more followers!
Happy Stitching!
Marsha
84 comments:
Your yard is so beautiful. I love any kind of hydrangea! Well, I would love to win your prize. I will mention you the next time I post.
Well, I increased your followers by one! Happy belated birthday! Sorry that you are having a rainy day, but maybe then you are able to get more stitching done!
Firstly Happy Birthday, again :) Your flower garden is just lovely. Ummm, I need to double check a plant I keep thinking is a weed in my wooded area, it just might be a oak hydrangea; wouldn't that be cool!! I love the anniversary hosta. Thank you for sharing your garden pics; working in the flower beds and seeing the beautiful results is so rewarding. Prairie Schooler is one of my favorite designers, thank you for such a generous give away.
Hope you had a great Birthday! Your flowers all look so beautiful, I thinking you must spend hours in your garden. Please add me to you give-away. Hope to see ya soon!
Patti
Happy Birthday wishes. I agree about the relaxing nature of stitching PS designs, I love them!
Please enter me in your giveaway, they are both fab charts.
I am already a follower.
Thanks
Happy Birthday Marsha! Oh these PS pieces are wonderful. I'd love to be in the giveaway. I'll mention your giveaway on my blog on Sunday and hopefully bring a few more followers your way. Your yard looks lovely and all the rain we had today should keep it very very green!
Your flower beds are beautiful. Love the stitching. I actually like Penny America without the border & pennies as well as with.
The gardens are beautiful! Penny America is coming along nicely. I would love a chance to win your giveaway. I do know about the being 60 thing. Stuff isn't as important as it used to be.
Beautiful garden with some very beautiful flowers.
Your stitching is also beautiful.I like the last one.
I hope you reach your 100 soon such a lovely blog, so I know it won't be long.
Congrats reaching 60 I can tell you it's fun from now on.
I would love to have a chance to win your beautiful goodies , thanks for sharing .
I'd love to be entered please, and will post about it on my blog and try to send people over.X
Hello dear,
It's me cucki from South Africa..your happy new follower:)
Please count me in for this sweet giveaway..I posted about your giveaway on the side bar of my blog..
Big hugs
Love
Cucki x
Happy birthday! Stitching Chicken (Cath) sent me! Please dont enter me into the giveaway..I have so much to do already but as it is your birthday and you want a 100 followers, well: we bloggers like to help out so here I am xxx Happy birthday!
Such a pretty garden and that hosta is gorgeous.
I love PS and would like to take part in your giveaway. Cath sent me.
Hazel c uk
What a generous giveaway.
Please enter me,
Thanks!
Marilyn
Hello from Follower 96:). Your giveaway is great, and I would love to be entered! Thanks!
Hello to a new blog friend! I am pleased to follow here and would love to be entered. I have these on my wish list and WHOO HOO, would love to win. :)
Hello
Another new follower here, only 2 to go!
Your photos are beautiful!
Your stitching is lovely and Buddy is just so cute!
Hope you have a good weekend (:
Looks like I'm follower #99 : ) What lovely stitching you do! Please enter me in your generous giveaway, & please be sure to come visit me at The Easily Influenced Stitcher! (I will be celebrating my 60th birthday this year also!)
There you go! I'm your 100th follower!! : ) I actually thought I was already following your blog for some reason... just thought you hadn't posted for awhile! LOL!! Happy 60th birthday! And thanks for a chance at such a sweet giveaway. I would love to win a couple of Prairie Schooler charts. I don't think I have but one in my stash... can you believe it? I've always borrowed them from friends!!
Tricia
Your stitching is lovely!
I've started following you and I'd love to be entered in your giveaway!
I love all your stitching! Fantastic giveaway too! You've reached 100 -- congrats! Please throw my name in the hat. Love your flowers!
Beautiful flowers and stitches!! Signed up to follow and would love to have my name thrown in the hat for your giveaway! Looking forward to getting to know you more!
Beautiful stitching and happy birthday - I love Hostas but sadly cannot grow them here, yours looks like its doing well - lilys do have the most wonderful scent and they make a spectacular display cut and put in a vase - i am now a follower and would love to be entered into your giveaway, take care - Amanda
I just signed up to follow your blog. I love your stitching projects. I need to have a few stitching fests to finish up some of my WIPs. Thanks for the chance to win.
Thank you for an amazing giveaway. I am a happy new follower too.
ks(dot)eyles(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk
A very generous giveaway. Your blog is great. Thanks for a chance to win.
Linda
Hi Marsha, I just followed a link from another blog to find you. It's always great to find another buckeye stitcher. I'd love to be entered in your generous giveaway.
BTW, loved looking at your flowers.
Paula
Happy belated birthday and congratulations on reaching over 100 followers! Your gardens are beautiful, as is your stitching. I'm working on two fairly large designs so really shouldn't do this, but since starting something smaller is quite appealing and because I don't have even 1 PS chart, please include me in your very generous drawing. Thanks for sharing!
Beautiful flowers and stitching hun; im a new follower and love your blog..happy early birthday hun,,please enter me in your drawing..love these and don't have them..
p.s. Cathy from Stitching Chicken sent me.. :)
Hugs, Shar
Happy Birthday Marsha! Oh these PS pieces are wonderful. I'd love to be in the giveaway. I'll mention your giveaway on my blog on and hopefully bring a few more followers your way.
Hugs:)
I'm a brand new follower...so I hope it helps get you to 100! I would love a chance at those PS charts...you're lucky...I buy duplicates way more times than I can count! Enjoy your flowers...they are lovely!
Loved your garden. Wish it would motivate me to work on ours. Unfortunately it's rained for what seems like forever in TN. Happy to become a follower. Please include me in your drawing. I love Prairie Schooler. Thanks so much. TNLadybug
I am now a follower of your blog. Such a nice gesture for turning 60. Thank you. Cath sent me.
Hi Marsha, I love Hostas but in my garden so do the slugs and snails. Gorgeous lily there too. I have just become a new follower , although I am in the UK I do hope I can enter your giveaway.Lovely stitching by the way look forward to seeing more.
Warm wishes from here.
Hello,
I come from Cath,The Stitching Chicken.
I love your blog.I will put your blog on my blog list...
I would like to join your giveaway.I hope I am not late,as you have 100 followers...:)
Congratulations on that.:)
Greetings.:)
Bernadett
http://petite-armoire.blogspot.com/
betikarauski@gmail.com
Hello Marsha, I've hopped over after visiting Cath's blog (stitching chicken). Huge congrats to your son on his recent wedding.
Beautiful garden you have, such pretty flowers.
Lovely stitching.
Congrats on your 60th, I'll be celebrating my 50th later this month lol
A very generous giveaway, good luck to all.
I follow your blog via GFC (Terri P)!
Great giveaway and happy birthday!
Cath at Stitchin' Chicken recommended your blog to me!
Terri P
pr4gatheringroses AT gmail DOT com
I just love how Hostas get better and better each year on their own. Can't the say the same for my rhododendrons though because the deer love to munch those down to nubbins. :(
Very lovely stitching. You'll finish the border in no time.
I'm already follower so I couldn't increase your numbers but it's an amazing little giveaway. (Happy birthday, btw!!) Those little designs are fabulous with or without the month stitched in and perfect for so many different things.
Your garden and especially the hosts are beautiful are beautiful. Would love to have some in my garden but to bloody hot! Your patriotic finishes are lovely
Firstly, you will never bore me with pictures of your beautiful flowers!
Secondly, I can't tell you how many times I've bought a chart or some threads twice and I'm not 60 yet. *sigh*
Love your stitching. No need to enter me in the giveaway...I have too much to stitch already and not enough life left to stitch it all in!
Happy belated birthday~
Hello, I just discovered your great blog through a post about your giveaway! I became a follower, and have to say I love stitching Prairie Schooler designs! I would love to be entered in your drawing. Thanks for the offer.
Also, happy 60th!
Lovely garden pics and stitching!
I am so glad that I have found your blog. Congratulations on 100+ followers.
Hi, I am a new follower and I see you have made it over your 100 mark you wanted by the 15th. Congrats! Please enter me into your give away
Happy Stitching
Denise
Hi! I am a new follower. Lovely flowers. You will love having Penny America finished. It is one of my most favorite pieces. I hope you had a fabulous birthday. Thank you for such a generous giveaway.
Happy 60th, Marsha!! I'm only 1 1/2 years behind you :)
Your gardens and stitching are all lovely... PS is my comfort stitching, too! And I love your Penny America. I bought the chart last year, but still need to start it--maybe next year?
No need to enter me in the giveaway as I have both charts--good luck to everyone else :)
Happy Birthday!! :) Your flowers and shrubs are beautiful! Lovely stitching, too! I would love to be entered in your giveaway. :)
Just found your site and loved reading about your gardening and your stitching! Congratulations on your 60th birthday, I'm so happy it was a wonderful day for you! I see you made it to over 100 followers (me included!) congratulations! I would love to be entered in your give away (I like Prairie Schooler patterns too!) and wish you the best in growing your blog!
Your yard is lovely...the good part about all the rain we have had. I was sent to follow your blog by Carol Fun, but have been following you for a while! Would love yo win this great give-away!
Hi Marsha and happy birthday! I'm a new follower of your blog. I found you from your comment on Meggie's blog. I have finished 5 months in this series and I have both Prairie Schooler charts, so don't enter me in your drawing. But it's so very generous of you to offer the floss, baggies, and fabric too!
I posted about your giveaway on my blog, so you'll be getting even more followers!
http://debbiescrossstitch.blogspot.com/2013/07/coffee-progress-and-another-giveaway.html
How wonderful!! Please count me in. Congrats on reaching more than 100 followers. That's my next goal, as well. Please pop over to my blog wisdomwithneedleandthread.blogspot.com.
LOVE, LOVE your blog - I've become a follower.
Cheers!
OH, P.S. I posted about your blog on mine ;)
What a great give-away. I love those charts. I'm a new follower so your count has gone up by one more.
I am new follower and will let others know of your blog on my blog. Love the flowers. Your stitching is great. I would love to win the charts and floss.
Happy Birthday also and many more.
Joyce C F/ TX
http://joycesloveoflife.blogspot.com
What a generous giveaway! Please enter me. :) I'm a new follower, sent by Debbie at debbiescrossstitch.blogspot.com.
WOW your yard is gorgeous. I am very envious - I can NOT grow plants or flowers for anything.
Your stitching is beautiful and I am sure your children will treasure what ever you make them.
I would love to be entered in your awesome giveaway. Debbie at Debbie's Cross Stitch sent me! :)
Wonderful garden and wonderful giveaway!
Well I am number 133! I love your blog and am amazed by your give-a-way. Prairie Schooler is one of my favorite designers! Please enter me. Happy belated birthday and thank you for the flower pictures. Your flowers are beautiful, you have quite a green thumb.
Hugs,
Rose K.
So Cal Debbie sent me your way. I am going to become a follower even though you already have more than 100 now. Beautiful stitching and flowers too!
Thanks to Debbie I found your blog. Love it. I would love to stitch those prairie schooler designs. And I will visit again on your blog,
Happy stitching, Judith
I appear to be follower 135, congrats on making it over 100! I was sent over by SoCal Debbie. I am new to blogging and only have 6 followers so far but I am more than happy to post about your blog on mine. I would love to be entered in the drawing. I have been following these patterns on SoCal Debbie's site and they look wonderful. I'll post about it now.
http://whovianstitcher.blogspot.com/ Come take a look.
I'm new to your blog, thanks to Debbie. I 've had a blog (http://aimetu-clare.blogspot.co.uk/) for a while but after I retire in two weeks time I am hoping to have more time in blog world.
I love your hosta (I have a few here in the UK) and lillies are my favourite.
What a lovely giveaway, love your blog and would love a chance to enter.
I thought I was already a follower as have visited your blog before thru Debbie but I am one now:0)
Happy belated birthday!
I love your garden and stitching.
Hello Marsha,
I am a new follower!
I found you through Joyce's Love of Life blog.
Wow your front yard walkway is gorgeous with all that green and color. You have a green thumb and I wished I could do what you do for your flowers. Thank you for sharing.
Your June Prairie Schooler is stitched nicely. I love those colors. Penny America is coming along nicely.
Nice giveaway but don't include me as I have things I really want to get to.
I love your blog and will add it to my blog list.
Hugs!
Holy crap, batman! Nothing like a giveaway to pull them out of the woodwork. Looks like you made it to 100! LOL! Seriously, I like the idea of doing another year. I've always loved this redwinged blackbird design of theirs. They remind me of summer. I have both these charts...hmm, might have to root them out of the stash heap! LOL! Nothing like good comfort stitching with a PS design.
Hi Marsha, just found out about your giveaway, please count me in, You are way past 100 followers now.
I'm just down the road from you in Batavia, Eastgate waving to you.
Hi, I'd love to be entered in to your giveaway, what a lovely prize also nice to find a blog that I've not visited before but now I know where you are I'll be visiting often.
I also just turned 60, and Im new to cross stitching, I love your site and visit it often. love the giveaway! DeeAnn from utah
Happy Birthday and thank you for such a generous giveaway.
(smjohns63 at yahoo dot com)
Beautiful garden!!! I LOVE Prairie Schooler! Thanks for such a wonderful giveaway and add another follower to your number!!! I've added you to my feedly reader!
Thank you for the beautiful garden photos. Love the stitching and please enter me in your giveaway.
I'm a new follower too,loved looking at your garden,host as are one of my favourite plants too although mine tend to get eaten by all the slugs!
Please enter me I your very kind giveaway
Thanks
Tina
tinacallaghan123@ hotmil.com
(No space)
Always looking for a new blog to read so count me in:)
Hope you had a lovely Birthday!
Lovely stitching Marsha! I'd love to be entered into your competition :)
Sending happy birthday wishes!
I just became a happy new follower!
Hi Marsha! Your garden is looking very pretty. How fun to get that hosta for an anniversary gift. And now celebrating your birthday with a gift for one of us...wow. I love PS so would love to enter not that I win things often. :-)
Is your address still the same?
Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi
You have gorgeous gardens. Yes, Proven Winners are always worth the extra cost. Thanks for the giveaway! I follow you on my rss feed so I don't know if that is "official" or not.
Theresa W
foleywestrup(at)hotmail(dot)com
Gorgeous flowers and stitching! You are extremely generous. I would love to join your giveaway too if allowed. I am a new follower from UK, and have shared your giveaway on my blog too.
Hi, just popped over to return the following and discovered it was your Birthday and your great giveaway. Must be my lucky day!
Love your garden picture too.
You have a lovely blog! I enjoyed finding you while I was blogsurfing and had a great time looking around. I'll be following you!
Greetings from the Netherlands. Joke
Happy Birthday, Marsha. Lovely stitching and I hope that I am not too late for your giveaway! It is the 16th here in Melbourne, Australia but maybe still the 15th in your part of the world? I can only hope as I would love to win those charts.
Anyway, loved reading your latest post.
hugs, Kaye
http://kittenstitching.blogspot.com
Woo Hoo... the date stamp on my comment was the 15th - I am in with a chance!
Well, I'm long past the giveaway but Happy Birthday. Just wanted to tell you how much I love seeing your work and your finished sampler. The monthly embroideries look like great fun to do but that Fourth of July piece is close to my heart. I'll have to check it out. xo Susan
Post a Comment