Wednesday, September 4, 2013

A Little Fish Story




I am having the worst time blogging!  I could not get the cursor at the top to show up and this is where it ended up!  This is my 5th time trying today.  So, I give up. 
Two weeks ago I took a short vacation with two friends to Kentucky Lake.  Way at the bottom of KY.   My friend, Judy, has a condo there with her DH.  She's the driver of the  boat.  The first day was too windy to go on the lake so we ended up shopping and going to Hancock's fabrics in Paducah.  WOW!  My friends don't sew and they were so sweet to take me there and let me shop my fool head off.  I bought some wonderful fabric and we were ready to go when Judy (bless her sweet heart) asked if I was sure I went in the back area.  She made me go back and check it out.  WOW!  Rows of fat quarters, charm packs, layer cakes, jelly rolls.  Oh my goodness.  More damage to the wallet but it was so worth it.  The next day was spent on the lake.  Darlene really wanted to fish.  I couldn't let her fish alone.  She caught the large mouth bass.  I was ready to quit and decided two more tries and that's it!  Don't you know I caught a catfish on my last try.  We headed in, learned how to clean them, and cooked them on the grill.  MMMM, mmmm.  They were tasty!
Now, if I can get blogger to work, I'll do another post soon with sewy pictures.



Marsha

15 comments:

Barb said...

Great fishing!Looks like fun.

Deborah said...

Looks like you had fun and caught dinner. It was a win win.

Deborah said...

Looks like you had fun and caught dinner. It was a win win.

Deborah said...

Looks like you had fun and caught dinner. It was a win win.

cucki said...

Aww looks like you had lots of fun :)
Hugs x

Chris said...

Looks like a great time!

butterfly said...

What a great day, lovely photos,

Margaret said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Although I don't like the idea of fishing or cleaning fish. lol! Love the idea of Hancock Fabrics though!!

Bernadett said...

Lovely photos.:)

Susan Elliott said...

Fishing for fabrics and for Fish! What bounty, you lucky girl!

Penny said...

Sounds like a dream trip to the fabric shop! And you ladies are quite the fishermen! :)

Melanie said...

Looks like fun. :)

Janet P said...

Lucky girl, looks and sounds like you had a fabulous time. x

P.J. said...

What a cool girl trip; hobby shopping AND fishin'....love it!!!

Anonymous said...

Great catch!