I tried so hard to get a post up earlier this week. Especially yesterday. Seems as if the technical difficulties continue. Looks like I will be forced onto my new laptop and Windows 8. Wish me luck. But, in the meantime, try to enjoy my pre-Thanksgiving pictures.
There are no more leaves on the trees but, it is still fall.
Our Queen City Sampler Guild had a stitch in for November. Our theme was Thanksgiving so people brought in some pieces in honor of that.
Most of the John Foster's have been completed for our SAL this year. Three were available for show and tell. Mine is on the far right. It is at the framers along with at least 4 others. We hope to have them available for the guild's Christmas party. They are all unique and pretty in their own fabric and thread selection.
These are really inspiring to get something new stitched for Thanksgiving next year.
P.A. had her first attempt at stump work framed. I think it turned out really nice.
The Scatter Smiles was really cool to see finished. P.F. stitched this one. It started out almost neon bright on white linen. It was then stained and this is how it looks complete.
P.F. also stitched up this bag and project bag. The piece with the white church beneath the pastel bag is what I brought in to share. It is very very old on aida with masking tape on the back of the board.
Well, it's on to Christmas. Remember, there are only three weeks to shop between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I'm not shopping today though. Maybe I can get some stitching done.
Marsha
There are no more leaves on the trees but, it is still fall.
Our Queen City Sampler Guild had a stitch in for November. Our theme was Thanksgiving so people brought in some pieces in honor of that.
Most of the John Foster's have been completed for our SAL this year. Three were available for show and tell. Mine is on the far right. It is at the framers along with at least 4 others. We hope to have them available for the guild's Christmas party. They are all unique and pretty in their own fabric and thread selection.
These are really inspiring to get something new stitched for Thanksgiving next year.
P.A. had her first attempt at stump work framed. I think it turned out really nice.
The Scatter Smiles was really cool to see finished. P.F. stitched this one. It started out almost neon bright on white linen. It was then stained and this is how it looks complete.
P.F. also stitched up this bag and project bag. The piece with the white church beneath the pastel bag is what I brought in to share. It is very very old on aida with masking tape on the back of the board.
Well, it's on to Christmas. Remember, there are only three weeks to shop between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I'm not shopping today though. Maybe I can get some stitching done.
Marsha
10 comments:
Oh my goodness!! What lovely pieces!
What a treat to see all the beautiful work!!!
Hi, Marsha,
What beautiful fall pictures...thanks for sharing them with us. Great stitched pieces at the stitch-a-long. I used to belong to the QCSG years ago, but quit when I could no longer make it down to Cincy.
Melinda
So many pretty designs. I just love your header!! Great fall photos. Fall is my favorite time of year. I hate to see it over.
Lovely nature photos and so fun to see all the projects!
Enjoyed seeing these projects! Anxious to see how Windows 8 goes. I finally got used to 7 and now this laptop is failing already.
Wow, what amazing work. Truly inspirational!
Wonderful works.:)
What a great stitch in. All the fall pieces are wonderful!
Have a great upcoming week!
YOu've got a talented stitching group! Wow!
Post a Comment