Saturday, April 19, 2014

Catch up

I realize I haven't posted in a while so today will be catch up day.  I've had a new lap top since last July and its operating system is Windows 8.  Everything you've heard about Windows 8 is true.  It sucks. iCloud downloaded this morning and there are pictures you haven't seen before.  Hopefully, in the next couple of weeks I'll be able to share some interesting things from past trips.

First up.  Clare, from the UK, who won the John Foster giveaway sent me a surprise thank you in the mail.  I've been remiss in not sharing it with you.  A lovely ornament stitched with care and finished with cording.
Isn't it lovely.  Even my husband commented how nice it was.  That's a big deal. 


Here's the pretty back.

And here it is hanging in my kitchen between the PS current month and LHD current month.


This morning I finished my Easter stitch.  I impressed myself by finishing it in time for Easter.  Not finish, finished but still.  I was most of the way done when I figured out that the big bunny represents a chocolate bunny with a bite taken out of it.  Sometimes I worry myself.  This is a Trilogy pattern done on Peach Butter linen from HDF, 35 count.  Overdyes called for and some DMC called for when I couldn't find the overdyes.


That's it for stitchy news.  The rest is family celebration pictures.  Fair warning.

There was a big get together last weekend in Allison Park, PA, which is outside of Pittsburgh.  My Dad turned 90 on the 13th.  When he was 41 he had a heart attack, and I remember a conversation a year or so after when he told me he didn't think he would live a long life. HA!

Here he is, the star, ready to dig into a steak at his birthday dinner.


Now he's ready to blow out his birthday candles and make a wish.


A lot of family came to celebrate with him.  Here is my contingent.  My daughter holding her 2nd cousin.  My grandson standing in front of shorty me.  My husband and son.


My beautiful sister, me and my nephew.  They came in from Colorado.  He was the go to phone guy and had the youngsters in awe.  Everyone now has their phones updated, getting email, and whatever new exciting apps are available.


Another nephew from MA with one of his little guys and my DGS enjoying cake on the balcony.


Dinner was Saturday and Sunday a fancy lunch.  Here's the birthday honoree and his sister arrived to surprise him.  She'll be turning 93 in a couple of weeks.  Still lives by herself too.  She's quite the character.


This is my brother from MA and his lovely wife and their grandchildren.


A four generation picture.  My Dad, his son, his grandson and great grandsons.


Us girls had to have our picture taken too.  In the back, me, my nephew's wife, my aunt and mom.  In front my sister and sister-in-law.


We missed a few who couldn't come but enjoyed the time and a great time was had by all.


Marsha

11 comments:

Purple Pixie Dust said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cucki said...

Aww such sweet family photos ..so precious..
Beautiful stitching x

Vickie said...

I like the gift you received! What a grand celebration! That's great!

KimM said...

Beautiful gift, lovely stitching - and how wonderful to share your Dad's 90th birthday party with us all. You have a lovely family. Have a Happy Easter -

Margaret said...

Happy birthday to your dad! That is so wonderful about your dad and how the heart attack at 41 hasn't kept him from keeping on with life! Lovely family pictures! Love your Easter finish and the lovely gift too!

LindataxPA said...

Happy Birthday to your Dad! How wonderful to gather the family for such a joyous celebration.

Linda B
Allison Park

LindataxPA said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dani - tkdchick said...

Wonderful gift! And you Easter stitch looks great!

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Your Easter stitch turned out really nice. Love all the family pics. What great memories!

Kaisievic said...

Your Dad looks so good for 90. Happy Days that he has lived such a long, full life after his heart attack. Love your Easter LIne up and a cute gift too.

Clare-Aimetu said...

So glad you liked the gift - what an amazing family time - Birthday wishes to your Dad x x x