At the beginning of the year, I got the bright idea to start two different blocks of the month quilt alongs. I don't know what got into me but it seemed like a good idea at the time. I haven't started October's block but here are July and August's. September needs it's picture taken.
First up is the Fat Quarter's shop Wishes quilt block. I knew it would become harder to keep up at this time of year but I did pretty well. The Fat Quarter Shop puts a YouTube video up for each quilt block which has been a really big help. Especially for a beginner quilter like me. Only a couple more blocks to go.
This block is called Court House Lawn.
Mrs. Taft's Choice is the name of this block.
The Park Bench Quilt has been a real challenge. I was told it would be rated as Experienced Beginner. Wow. It pretty much takes me all day to figure out the cutting, actually cut it, and then piece each block together. Very intensive with a 'lick and a promise' that the points are all in the right place and not too catty whompus. Some come out better than others. I have one more block to go and then I can piece the top together. Sounds good but the piecing of the top is quit complicated too. I realize this is a piece of cake for others, but I'm here to tell you for a 5th/6th quilt, it's a challenge.
I will be going to Colorado and Utah next week. What! I almost can't believe it! I get to visit with my sister in CO for a few days. I miss her sooo much. Then it will be on to Salt Lake City and Park City for the Shepherd's Bush Retreat. I will meet up with some peeps from Cincinnati and we will have a great time exploring Salt Lake and then experiencing the retreat. They have all been there before but for me it's a first. It's something I never thought I would have the opportunity to experience. I can't wait. Hopefully, I'll have lots of pictures to share.
Marsha
First up is the Fat Quarter's shop Wishes quilt block. I knew it would become harder to keep up at this time of year but I did pretty well. The Fat Quarter Shop puts a YouTube video up for each quilt block which has been a really big help. Especially for a beginner quilter like me. Only a couple more blocks to go.
This block is called Court House Lawn.
Mrs. Taft's Choice is the name of this block.
The Park Bench Quilt has been a real challenge. I was told it would be rated as Experienced Beginner. Wow. It pretty much takes me all day to figure out the cutting, actually cut it, and then piece each block together. Very intensive with a 'lick and a promise' that the points are all in the right place and not too catty whompus. Some come out better than others. I have one more block to go and then I can piece the top together. Sounds good but the piecing of the top is quit complicated too. I realize this is a piece of cake for others, but I'm here to tell you for a 5th/6th quilt, it's a challenge.
I will be going to Colorado and Utah next week. What! I almost can't believe it! I get to visit with my sister in CO for a few days. I miss her sooo much. Then it will be on to Salt Lake City and Park City for the Shepherd's Bush Retreat. I will meet up with some peeps from Cincinnati and we will have a great time exploring Salt Lake and then experiencing the retreat. They have all been there before but for me it's a first. It's something I never thought I would have the opportunity to experience. I can't wait. Hopefully, I'll have lots of pictures to share.
Marsha
9 comments:
Your blocks look great.
WOW! Love the quilt blocks - so pretty. Have fun on your trip(s) -
xxx
Your blocks look fabulous. Enjoy your trip to Colorado and Utah!
Robin in Virginia
Your BOMs look wonderful! You look like an expert to me! Have a great time on your trip. SB retreat -- luck you!!
Great quilt blocks and enjoy Shepherd's Bush!! Lucky you!
Have a great time at Shepherd's Bush!
Love your blocks, girlfriend! See you soon!!!
Beautiful blocks! Enjoy your trip.
Beautiful quilt blocks. Enjoy your trip.
Post a Comment