Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas Gifts

I have had a quieter than normal Christmas this year.  I had major surgery on December 4th and as a result I had to have all of my decorations up before hand and most of the Christmas gifts bought.  Everything went well and I'm slowly regaining my strength.  Haven't had much energy to blog but Christmas will be over and I'll miss not sharing.  I got to go to one party with stitchy friends and I thought you'd like to see my wonderful presents.

How about out of town friends first.

My travel partner in crime, Diane, aka Nan's Needlework, sent me a great quilting magazine.  I mentioned once that I was drawn to star quilts and thus a whole lot of star quilt designs at my fingertips.


She also sent me this cute ornament design that I've seen on a number of blogs.  Love that polka dotted linen.  Thanks Diane!



Amanda moved to Indiana last year and all of us in the Cincinnati area miss her terribly.  She hosted our Tiara stitching group for about a year.  She sent me this cute sheep covered in thread holders and they all have skeins of wool thread hung on them.



His little legs are stitched with the alphabet.  Pretty unique and fun.  Thank you Amanda!



Every day I enjoy Punkin's Patch blog posting. And every year, she puts out a Christmas card design, note cards and calendar.  The sheep all have their unique personalities along with the cats, dogs and horses.  I especially like Hank, the sheepdog.  I won a giveaway and a set of Christmas cards.



I missed the Christmas guild party but, Linda hosted a small stitchy party and it was the first day I drove.  It was good to get out and give the DH a break too.

Here is the ornament Linda gave to me.  Bright and shiny.


The stinker also gave me this set of  measuring spoons.  We had seen them in Salt Lake City and I had declined buying them so she snuck back and got them for me 'cause I love bees.  Thank you Linda!



Next up is Anna Mae.  She stitched this cute hot chocolate mug.  So pretty and bright.



She added in a candle, note pad and cute ort container.  Thank you Anna Mae!



Evelyn stitched this pretty Christmas tree on red even weave.  I love the beaded star on top and pretty hanger.



She included the little trinket tray and the cool beeswax candle.  Thank you Evelyn!



Lisa, The Inspired Stitcher, stitched up this cute Merry ornament.  She's so good at getting her initials and year stitched on everything she stitches.  I usually forget.



We all got a cute reindeer headband too.  They were a little tight so we all looked like we got free face lifts when we managed to get them on our heads (bad, face lifts).  We got a good laugh out of them.  Thank you Lisa!



Patti stitched this Santa Claus for me.  So detailed and cool with his rocking horse charm.



It was in a nice box along with hand lotion and candle.  BTW, this is the ONLY thing from Bath and Bodyworks that I will buy.  It is the best hand lotion and doesn't have that weird leftover fragrance.  Thank you Patti!


Christie, of Indigo Rain, gave us this little snowman bucket filled with candy. (I ate it) and a cute ornament all kitted up for us.  Thank you Christie!




Meem made each of us a tea cup pin cushion.  Every one was different and they all were from an antique store.  Sooo, pretty and unique.  Thank you Meem!



As you can see, I had a wonderful stitchy Christmas time.  Next time I'll show the ones I managed to complete.  Till then, Happy Stitching!

Marsha

10 comments:

Barb said...

Lots of wonderful stitchy things. I hope you continue to mend!! After my knee last Spring, I know it just takes time. Take good care of yourself!

Robin in Virginia said...

What lovely ornaments and gifts you received! Thinking of you!

Robin in Virginia

carol fun said...

Glad to hear you on the mend... what lovely stitching and gifts you've received...beautiful reminders of beautiful frineds - take care!

butterfly said...

Wonderful gifts from your friends , hope you are feeling better each day.

Margaret said...

Sounds like a lovely party and such lovely gifts from your friends. I hope your recovery goes well and you are back to normal in no time.

Ellen said...

Hope you're soon back to normal! Missed you at the QCSG Christmas party.

Carol said...

I'm sure all those lovely gifts helped you feel a lot better, Marsha. I hope you are back to 100% very soon and may your new year be a happy and healthy one :)

Andrea said...

Lovely gifts. Hope that 2015 will be a healthier one.

Melanie said...

Oh my goodness, so much great stuff in one post!!! Love the bee stuff especially, of course, as my husband is a bee keeper. :)
Hope your recovery continues to be well.

The Inspired Stitcher said...

That was such a fun get together at Linda's. It's fun to relive it here in your post. I enjoyed seeing Amanda's sheep. I couldn't wrap my mind around it when she explained it to me. Really cute all done up!