Sunday, January 25, 2015

Grow Your Blog

Hello and welcome to my blog and my small corner of the world.  I'm in the Midwest of the USA. Loveland, Ohio to be exact.

I started blogging in July of 2008.  It does not seem that long ago.  I named my blog after our first King Charles Cavalier, Clark.  He was such a sweetheart.  People that weren't much into dogs thought he was special.  The reason I started blogging?  There was an international swap of handmade bags and I wanted to participate.  One of the requirements was that you had to have a blog.  And the rest was history.  I made that messenger bag, sent it off to Australia and in return received one from another person in OZ.  It was so exciting and fun.

I've met a lot of wonderful people through blogging.  The most exciting element for me is meeting people across the globe that enjoy much the same things that I do.  I love seeing photos of their work, their yards and gardens, friends and family and the places they like to visit.  I enjoy the differences in our worlds too.  I like to share what's happening in my sphere, what I'm working on and a little of what makes me tick.  I try to be as positive as possible since I know we all have lots to 'deal' with.

I am a Med Tech (Medical Technologist) and work part time, second shift (2:30 - 11:00) in a hospital laboratory.  I provide vital information to doctors to help them make a diagnosis or help them in the care they give to their patients.  My free time is spent in cross stitch, quilting, reading and as little housekeeping as possible.

Bored yet?  That's enough about me.  Let's have a giveaway!


Last weekend I went to my local LNS, Keepsakes, Stitchaway.  A stitching retreat at Hueston Woods State Park.  It's only a little over an hour away.  Meeting with friends and stitching the days away.  It was cold this year but not as snowy as years past.  Here is my annual picture from my balcony.  As you can see, the lake is frozen.  There was one open patch in the ice where Canadian geese gathered to hold their own conference.  They got quite noisy sometimes.


A few days before I left I completed Margaret Cottam.  I wanted to concentrate on two SAL's that I am working on for the year so Margaret needed to be completed.  Last year, Lisa, The Inspired Stitcher, came to my rescue and stitched the roof on the house.  I stitched that roof at least 3 times and each time it was wrong.  Lisa to the rescue.  What a relief.  I didn't have another problem with her.


Margaret is stitched on 35 count WDW Confederate Grey linen with the called for Weeks threads.  The top picture is a better color representation.  She was a fun stitch and I just love that little scene.



The giveaway will include the three charts for Margaret Cottam Aged 9.


I will also include the color key floss tag that I made for the threads.  It was a fun little project that just seemed a little special.


Leave a comment and I will announce the winner on February 15.  I will need a way to contact you if you win!  Good luck!  Thanks for visiting my blog and hopefully growing it.  I'll visit you and grow your blog!

Marsha

46 comments:

butterfly said...

What a lovely header , a real christmas treat.
It is nice reading about you in your blog , and lovely stitching

cucki said...

its lovely reading about you..
very pretty blog and stitching x

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Very nice blog! I love the sampler and how terrific that someone would help you out by stitching for you. Where are those people in my life! lol

Will bookmark your page to be able to keep up with you. Looking forward to more posts.

Margaret said...

I enjoyed reading about you -- fun to find out more about the blogger behind the blog, so to speak. Beautiful finish too!

Vickie said...

I loved learning more about you today Marsha.
No need to include me in your generous giveaway. Thank you.

Joyce Clark Frank said...

I have been a follower for a while and always enjoy your postings. This will be my 2nd year to join in the Grow your blog party. What fun. Enjoyed your posting and pictures. By the way my maiden name is Clark.
http://joycesloveoflife.blogspot.com
Please include me in your give a way

Ali said...

It was lovely to learn a little more about yourself and your sampler is stunning. Ali x
acx.brand @ gmail dot com

Beth in NEPA said...

I enjoyed learning about you and seeing your samplers. I do a good bit of cross stitch among other needle arts but never seem to have the patience to complete one of the really big samplers. Lately I have just been doing the smaller ones such as pin keeps. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Lisa Dunn said...

I love to go to stitching retreats! There is nothing like stitching with a bunch of needlework friends. :o) And what a stunning location. It is a beautiful winter scene!

I love your sampler. The color key floss tag is so cute! What a great idea.

Princess Stupidhead said...

Oh my your samplers are lovely! Believe it or not I am working on one now. In five years I should be finished. I love the name of your blog too! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Threads of Inspiration said...

Such beautiful handwork! Thank you for stopping by my blog!

KimM said...

Hi, Marsha! I'm already a follower, this is my first GYB party. I'm enjoying hopping around and finding out more about my blogging friends and making new ones.
Hugs

Chris said...

So nice to know a little more about you Marsha! I love this finish. I have wanted these charts but as I have so many other projects I am not going to put my name in the hat.
I am looking forward to seeing the frame that you choose.
Have a great week!

Pamela said...

Your stitching is beautiful! Glad to know more about you and all the other stitchers out there.
I have been looking for these 3 charts for a while now. Would love to enter for a chance. thank you so much an happy stitching!
Pam
pam1228@aol.com

Tamara said...

Hi Marsha..
Thank you for the nice comment on my blog..and for following. :) I was so excited to read that you are in OHIO.. I was born in Akron and grew up in the Cambridge area. I love it there and visit my family there often. What beautiful stitching that you do! I have always admired that kind of work..and the samplers are wonderful..Your blog picture is so pretty and that's so special that your sweet dog is so fondly remembered. It's been nice to meet you!

Tamara

Kim said...

Oh I don't think I will ever be bored with your lovely blog, Marsha! So, so happy to have happened upon you via the party! 'Tis a treat to meet you and drink in all your lovely makeries you stitch! It will be wonderful to follow you and see what exciting things you are up to!

Anonymous said...

Hi Marsha, I'm visiting from the GYB event. what beautiful stitching on that sampler, and I had a quick peek at some other posts and like what you've been making.
I'd love to be entered into the draw.

Stephanie said...

Beautiful blog and a beautiful lady :) It was a joy visiting your sweet place via the Grow Your Blog party. I am a happy new follower.

May you have a blessed week. Hugs! Stephanie - The Enchanting Rose

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

On behalf of Vicki at 2 Bags Full, and myself, welcome to the Grow Your Blog hop! Sorry to welcome you so late, but your welcome person didn't make the party. Love your blog and will be back later to check it out!

Sarah said...

I clicked on your blog because my last name is Clark! I love it, and will be signing up to follow you. sarah@forrussia.org

Cache-Mire said...

What a lovely blog! As a dog lover and former embroiderer I look forward to knowing you better! ~Terri

Bquiltin said...

Marsha, the stitch work is outstanding.... wish I'd accept the challenge to create a piece! Be blessed in all you do in 2015!

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Aww...what a cool post, Marsha! I'm glad I could help you get over the roof. I don't want to be included in the giveaway because I already have her in the basket o'joy. I just wanted to pop in and let you know I enjoyed the post. Have a good week!

lynda said...

saying hi from the blog party (a day late!) I would love a chance in your giveaway. That is a lovely sampler! Looking forward to reading more of your blog!

Laney said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! isn't the hop fun? Lovely stitching you are doing here! :)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a lovely blog and what a darling Cavalier Buddy is. I had a Chesapeake Bay Retriever, so I know exactly what you mean by people who don't normally like dogs, liked yours. Same here!

That cross stitch is GORGEOUS. It is simply lovely and so well done. I really enjoyed visiting your blog. It was a genuine treat.

http://alteredbooklover.blogspot.com/2015/01/grow-your-blog-blog-hop-event.html

Sue Kosec said...

You throw a great party. Thank you for inviting me!

So that you know, I've become a Follower and when time permits, I'll be back to see what other beautiful things were made by your hands!

What this party is all about is to GROW your blog and I'm hoping to do the same. When you get to Section One, check out A Country Chic Retreat and SuZeQ Creations, my personal blog, in Section Fifteen I'd love for you to follow and subscribe to.

Happy crafting!
SuZeQ

Heather said...

Marsha, thanks for letting us get to know a bit about you! Clark and Buddy are both beautiful dogs! I am also a stitcher and quilter (and dog lover - currently we have Suki, a hound mix and Beagle Baylee). I've enjoyed your blog and if you'd like to visit mine you can find me at www.peachypages.blogspot.com.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Lovely samplers and a great blog!
A new follower...

Dasha said...

Hello Marsha,
I am visiting from OZ and have enjoyed your story. Lovely stitchery you have there, but boy, 35 count linen is fine! I have a strong light and a magnifying glass, but still would struggle with that. Good on you for getting it done.

Kathy H said...

I don't have a blog but enjoy reading other blogs. Your work is beautiful and what a good idea for the floss key. Such a pretty remembrance.

Cathy said...

As a fellow stitcher, I look forward to visiting your blog often. Your stitching is lovely!
Cathy
CraftyCat

Gill said...

Lovely to meet you!
Your sampler is beautiful - I love samplers!

Unknown said...

Beautiful work! I have yet to stitch on linen, adia is all I have done. I am going to this year though and get over my fear of even weave. :) My dear Mom made wonderful pictures with even weave. I wish I would have had her guide me before she passed.
craftyccain@gmail.com

Judy Cooper Textile Artist said...

Nice to meet you. I'm visiting via GYB from St. John's, NL Canada. Your work is lovely. Thanks for sharing.

Patti said...

Hey Marsha!
I think it turned out beautiful and I would love to be included in your give-away. See ya at stitching!

Patti

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Oh - my jaw just fell open when I saw that picture in your header!! Cardinals are the most beautiful birds and to see so many in one place - incredible!! We actually had a pair visiting our feeder in the late fall but they didn't stay around more than a couple of weeks. How I wish they'd come back! Thank you so much for making my day!

Sheryl said...

Pleased to meet you and see your lovely work via this GYB party. Your Margaret design is just beautiful and I would be delighted to win your giveaway.

kath001 said...

Hi Marsha, glad you visited and left a comment on my blog. I've been fighting a bug, so haven't made the progress I had hoped visiting bloggers on the GYB list.

Anonymous said...

Hello Marsha... I am visiting in return ... what a lovely blog you have. I love cross stitching too but didn't do it for a long time. If I would win your giveaway I could try it again.
Do you know what I loved most by reading your post??? You wrote that you do "as little housekeeping as possible". ... I love that, I know that!!! I have a 30h a week job and every time housekeeping is lost time for crafting. Will start following your blog!
Kind regards, Annett

Lija Broka said...

Hope you are enjoying the party! You job is very impressive. I am already a follower so no new exciting image popping up form my visit. Would love to enter your giveaway and come by for mine (Stitching in Crosses and More ...). But for now off to visit more blogs.

carol fun said...

Hi Marsha - you know I always stop by when you post. Martha Cottam is a wonderful sampler. love that border and I can see me sneaking in a little chicken to that bucolic scene! LOL I adhere to your philosphy of housework, the less of it, the better. No one on their deathbed said "I wish I had spent more time at the office" or "I wish I had spent more time cleaning toilets". Stitching forever, housework whenever!

Jayne said...

I already follow your blog, it's nice to read other peoples blogs to see what they are stitching,

afistfuloflemons said...

Hello from NYC! I'll be following your blog, it's great! And thank you for offering such a lovely giveaway, you are so generous!

- afistfuloflemons @ gmail.

Sandi said...

Thanks for the visit. Beautiful work!
Sandi
www.thevictoriangypsy.blogspot.com

Health is Wealth said...


Apna Showroom Baby's Wool Sweaters (Multicolour, 0-6Months) with desent Look
Apna Showroom Nylon pantyhose - stretchable stockings for girls and women- Pack of 4 | woman's skin color stockingswith desent look
Apna Showroom Fishnet Stockings for Women Sexy Black Net Pattern Stockings Big Mesh Free Sizewith desent Look
Apna Showroom Women's net Fishnet Lingerie Stockings (Black Free Size) Pack of 2
Apna Showroom Fishnet stocking for Women Sexy Black Net Pattern Medium Mesh Free Size with desent Look
Apna_Showroom Thick Rubber hair bands for women (Cottonwool ExtraSoft Bun Ponytail holder | 12 Piece Rubber Band Multicolorwith desent look
Apna Showroom Pantyhose Stockings for Women | Skin Color Pantyhose Offer Pack | Apna Showroom Beigewith desent Look
Apna Showroom Women's Pantyhose Stockings (Multicolour, Free Size) -Combo of 3