Monday, June 1, 2015

Moving On

I'm not even going to apologize.  We all know life is busy and blogging takes a chunk of time....

The month of May starts with our anniversary on the 1st.  39 years in 2015.  My DH's birthday is on the 2nd and we follow with family birthdays on the 10th, 12th and 13th.  Shove Mother's Day in there and you have lots to celebrate.



I took my longarm quilting class and finished a lap quilt.  Binding does take a while but it was nice to sit in the sun room and hand stitch it on cool days.  It was nice and snuggly.



Here it is all complete.  Charm packs sure are handy.



The back.



I picked a squiggle quilt design to mimic this outside border fabric.  The turquoise fabric is the same as the backing fabric.  It's fun watching the longarm do its work.



Lori Holt of Bee in My Bonnet has started a quilt along to go with her new book Farm Girl Vintage.  You can't believe how cute it is. She's going right through the book with two blocks a week.  I am behind but I know I can catch up.  They look a lot harder than they are to sew.  I have a few more done than the first block that is called apron strings.  When I get a chance, I will take some more pictures.  Great instructions and lots and lots of quilt, table runner etc. ideas shown.  It is an awesome book and I do love vintage type fabrics.  BTW, I am sewing 6 inch blocks but she includes instructions for 12 inch blocks also.  How handy is that!  




I purchased all my fabric for Jaybird Quilts - Night Sky.  Luckily my local quilt shop had a great anniversary sale so I purchased my backing and binding fabric at a good discount.  Here are all my colors for the top.  They are sitting on the background fabric.  It is going to be so cool.  Our room is a pale lavender color so I picked two purple colorways.







The first star is stitched and just last night I finished cutting all the strips so everything is cut and I'm ready to start the massive construction.  I'm really excited to sew this.

Happy Stitching!

Marsha

9 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Happy belated anniversary to you! Congratulations to you on your lap quilt finish! You did a fabulous job with the quilting. I look forward to seeing your Night Sky quilt come together.

Robin in Virginia

KimM said...

Happy belated anniversary!!! And your quilt is GREAT! I love, LOVE the colors!! You've been a busy girl.
xxx

Barb said...

Congratulations on all your special days ! 39 years is a great achievement. We will be celebrating 37 in August. Your quilt is just beautiful! It will be fun watching the next one come together.

Margaret said...

Happy anniversary (belated)! Love the quilting you did on your quilt -- great job! Love the fabrics for Night Sky -- so pretty!

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Oh Marsha, your colors are great! Love the finish too. Can't wait to see what you do with that beautiful pile o'fabric.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

A beauty. I love the quilt and the colours are fabulous!

carol fun said...

Great job on the quilt... love that fabric collection... made a quilt out of it for my new DIL. Your fabric choices for the Jaybird quilt are gorgeous! Love that background fabric... all those colors will just pop on it. Happy stitching!

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! Yay for special days - enjoy. :)

The quilting and quilting fabrics are scrumptious.

Ruiz said...

So proud of your blog, I have been out of touch for a while with so much going on in my life and I was lost because of my illness but I'm stronger and I am here to tell you about a natural remedy that is guaranteed to make you wonder why your doctor didn't tell you about it. Then, on the other hand, it is pretty obvious why your doctor didn't, because that's not his job, is it? But, seriously, promise me you won't get too angry with your health practitioner, it's really not their fault. They can only practice what they're told to practice, right? When your health is at risk there's no time for Tom foolery, you've got to get down to the cause and nip it in the bud. So you've been suffering from painful gout attacks have you? Well, allow me to give you a new perspective on the solution to what plagues you I was once in your shoe until my college friend introduce me to Dr Itua herbal center which cure my hiv/herpes,Lymphedema, after drinking it for two weeks as instructed, Dr Itua is an africa herbal doctor who has natural power to cure all human illness diseases I believe Dr Itua so much because he help me cure my hiv/ herpes which has being my burden in life so I promised Dr Itua that I will testify about his work online after curing me and that is what I'm doing here so please if you are sick from those diseases do not hesitate to write Dr Itua Herbal Center On Email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or chat with him on his online store www.drituaherbalcenter.com