Friday, July 17, 2015

Giftees

I'm going to a Stitch Retreat hosted by Timeless Heirlooms in IL this week.  So exciting.  Paulette Stewart of Plum Street Samplers will be there teaching a class and Jeanette Douglas.too.  Can't beat that with a stick my friends.

Diane invited me a while ago and Toni was already signed up.  They are taking care of all driving, where we eat, quilt store side trips, and accommodations so the least I could do was make a little something for them.

Voila!  Whatcha got bags.  One for each of us.  First glimpsed on another blog and I was smitten.  How cute.  With all that fabulous fabric for the Farm Girl Vintage quilt, surely I could get this pieced together.  And I did!

Front with vinyl viewing window to see what cha got.


 Backs.

I am in love with the Daysail fabric line.  Crisp, bright and cheery.  The lining isn't Daysail but matches very well.  Front,



Back,

Zipper pull.


More Daysail. Front,



Back,

Zipper pull.


Yeah, I cheated.  Got a charm pack of Lori Holt's Modern Minis and some of her fabric that looks like graph paper for the lining.


And a bunch of this.  Nothing says country like canning jars and canning jars with flowers especially.  In my favorite color, no less.  Misjudged which way was right side up so the jars ended up sideways, sigh.


A cute thimble zipper pull.


I know which one I want but will let them fight it out first and pick their fav.  Hope to have some fun pictures.

Happy Stitching!

Marsha

14 comments:

Margaret said...

Wow, those are fantastic! I love them all! You are a talented sewist!

Robin in Virginia said...

What fabulous bags you put together! So, which one did you end up with? Hope you had a wonderful retreat weekend!

Robin in Virginia

Jayne said...

What a great gift, I made some project bags for a recent stitching weekend away with my Mum.

Jayne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Justine said...

Those are fabulous bags Marsha, I love them all!

Barb said...

The bags are wonderful! Enjoy the retreat!

carol fun said...

These are adorable! I haven't seen them with the window in the front and that is a terrific idea! Have fun...happy stitching!

Marilyn said...

Hope you had/are having a great time.
Those bags are too cute.
Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Love those fabrics!

Mii Stitch said...

Fantastic bags!! I love them all :)

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Very pretty bags! Can't wait to hear all about your grand adventure.

pj said...

Great gifts! Hope you had fun! Love the zipper pulls....tell us which one you ended up with. It is so fun to share these trips with friends!

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

I am a new follower of your Blog....I too have a Blog and here is the link to my Blog...

http://lindaksstitchingcorner.blogspot.com

I would love for you to become a follower of my Blog....

I too am a Quilter and I am in the process of making a Spider Web Quilt. I am working on my 15th Spider Web Quilt Block. If you go to my Blog you will see a Triangle that I made for my Spider Web Quilt Block. The explanation on how many triangles it takes to make one Quilt Block is on there as well too.

I love the Bags that you made. You are a very talented Quilter. I wish I was as talented as you are. I love reading your Blog and looking at all of your Quilting Photos. Love the colors of your Quilting pictures.

Have a Beautiful Day

Happy Quilting
Linda K

Ahitra said...

As a sign of gratitude for how my husband was saved from Lymes, I decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
My husband suffered from Lymes and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because he was my all and the symptoms were terrible, we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure him. I searched for a cure and I saw testimony of so many people who were cured from Lymes , and so many others with similar body problems, and they left the contact of this doctor who had the herbal cure to Lymes. I never imagined Lymes had a cure not until I contacted him and he assured me my husband will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my husband used it and in one months he was fully okay even up till this moment he is so full of life.Lymes has a cure and it is a herbal cure contact the doctor for more info on drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Dr Itua can cure Herpes,Hiv,Cancer,ALS,Copd,HPV,Lupus,MS,Diabetes, and other disease talk to Dr Itua on how to get the medication. Thanks for reading my testimony . https://drituaherbalcenter.com/shop/