Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Ornies and Give away

I've been busy getting my Christmas ornaments stitched and put together for our guild's Christmas party. They are hung on trees at the party. Here's a picture from last year's party:
If you participate in the secret stitcher program for the year, it is ended with an ornament exchange also. You give your ornament to the person you sent gifts to all year and that's how they find out who their secret stitcher 'gifter' is. It's a lot of fun. I had started a scissor keeper for my secret stitcher but I don't think the colors are right for her. I'll finish it later for myself or my new secret stitcher for next year. These are the two ornaments I finished for this year's exchanges.
They are a Hands to Work pattern. I did the smaller of the two over one. Both were done on linen scraps using NPI silks. A silk ribbon and button finish them off. The larger is open so I can put something inside of it but the little one I fused shut. It was giving me fits to try and finish open so I quit fussing with it. Love steam a seam. Here is a picture of each separately.
I took a class from Ellen Chester (With My Needle) and learned quite a few stitches. They will be incorporated into a needlebook. The needlebook goes with a Huswife but I want to do it as a framed piece instead. My queen stitch started off wonky but ended up pretty nice. I decided to keep the wonky parts in as it is a learning piece for me and will show me where I started. So, here's the start of that and what the finished piece will look like.

OK, you've stuck with me this far in the post so, now is the fun

part. I am going to give away a Stacy Nash Christmas booklet, 'A Simply Early Christmas'. Welcome to Stacy Nash Primitives

I ordered it for myself but it's just not my cup of tea even though

I like her work. I'm sure someone would love to have it all to themselves and make things from it. If that would be you, please leave a comment on this post. I will draw a name on the 1st of December. Be sure I have your email address so I can let you know you won.

10 comments:

Angelinaaahh said...

what great tips. thanks for sharing!

Maggie said...

What lovely christmas ornies on your tree :-) i love your stockings too i'm sure whoever is to receive them will be thrilled.
Stacy Nash is new to me, can i be included in your draw please? i live in the UK though so if thats a problem for postage not to worry.
Maggie x
hydenseek61@yahoo.co.uk

Sherry said...

What lovely ornaments for your tree!

I love Stacy Nash! Her primitive look is right up my alley! I would love to be included in your drawing!

Thank you for doing this! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Sherry said...

oops! I forgot my email addy

birdwatcher17@aol.com

Françoise said...

OOO I love it!!!!

Your new projet is beautifull!!!

I like very much Stacy Nash too...
Hugs
Françoise

Mariana said...

I'd love to be included in your drawing. I don't have ANY Stacy Nash yet!
You're ornies are wonderful. I love the HTW stockings.

Mariana said...

Oops my email:
fredom49@yahoo.com

mainely stitching said...

I have my fingers AND my toes crossed that I might be the lucky winner! :D

Your ornaments are lovely. I made one of the Hands To Work stockings last year for my son's best friend's mother, and I'm making the other one this year for a friend. I don't care for the third one in the chart.

Thanks so much for having such a wonderful giveaway! My email is chatterton @ planet . nl (remove spaces).

Roberta said...

Hi Marsha, hope that someday we will get to meet when I get to Ohio to visit my sister.

Love your ornament tree and especially your stocking ornaments, very nice.

I would love to be entered into your giveaway.

Happy Holidays - Roberta from FTLOS
simplystitching@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Love the ornaments!

Please enter me in your giveaway.
tbernad@comcast.net