Monday, June 15, 2009

The blueberry house that Rich built is doing a great job of keeping the birds out. Only 3 bushes out of 9 are ripening so far, which is normal. We have two different kinds necessary for good pollination. There are some HUGE blueberries. We celebrated Father's day a week early with a rained out picnic. Our dessert was 'Blueberry Boy Bait' with ice cream and 'blueberry sauce' pictured below.










Next time I am going to try substituting cranberry juice for the orange juice in the sauce. The recipes are here Blueberry Boy Bait - All Recipes and here Blueberry Sauce - All Recipes.

Here is another sneak peak of my Christmas in July swap. Just another week and I can mail it off to my partner. Hope she will like everything. What could it be?????
If you haven't heard, N e e d l e p r i n t is offering free downloads of an Ackworth School sampler. The Mary Wigham sampler. Look in the right sidebar for the Mary Wigham sampler and click on it. It was charted by someone else without permission or license so the school is not receiving money to upkeep the collection of their samplers. Since they will not chart it as a Needleprint design for sale in shops, they have opted to have it available on the blog. It's free and being offered in 9 installments. There is a donation button on the download page to Ackworth. A $1 donation per page is suggested. Do yourself a favor and only make one larger donation, instead of $1 per week. (If you so desire, but really, your helping preserve in perpetuity, a real gem of a collection of needlework) Installment three should be up sometime today. I got my gratis linen of the month #6 from Vicki Clayton Hand Dyed Fibers and ordered her set of silks for Mary Wigham. I think they will be perfect for Mary.


I've been delaying those pictures of WIP long enough. I will show them later this week.
Keep stitching.

Marsha

4 comments:

mainely stitching said...

Those blueberries sound mouthwatering! :D

And I love your silks for MW. I've thought of ordering the HDF pack. You may have pushed me over the edge!

Michelle said...

Eric bought me a blueberry plant, maybe someday I will have blueberries to show for it! Beautiful silks for Mary Wigham too!!

Shari said...

Marsha,
hi! This is the only way I have to contact you! If you can send me your email address, I can add you to the Mary SAL blog. I got your email but it came as a comment without an email address!!! thanks!
Shari

Tammy said...

YUM! Blueberries!
Marsha you won my pattern Give-away!
Send me your address and I'll get the pattern out to you right away.
Congrats!!