Monday, June 29, 2009

This past weekend I went to an all day stitch-in with the Tiara group. I don't get to stitch with them often so it was a nice change to sit and stitch all day. We had lunch at Max & Erma's and then right back to the clubhouse to stitch some more. A shout out to Pam for hosting us. Here are some of the finishes

Pam stitched this Quaker and the cat. Isn't it great?! She's working on Mary Wigham and Spring Ritual. She loves those quakers.

Look at this awesome Santa Claus. It's even more impressive in person. She plans to have it done by Christmas.

And here are a couple more.







With My Needle pieces, done by Lyn. A Just Nan piece (in pink) by Rita. I don't know who did the quilt piece or who it's by but it's beautiful.


I keep writing that I'll show my WIP. I finally took pictures yesterday. Sorry they aren't the greatest. The main piece/s I'm working on are for my class in July. This is what it will look like when completed

It is slow going. Lots of over one. Here is some progress.
We don't have to have it all complete. Once we put the button box together, we'll know how to put the toy chest together. It will be really nice when done. Other projects I am working on are Sarah Owens









From Sea to Shining Sea
Beneath the Sunlit Sky







And when I need some easy stitching, Joyful Summer. If you're familiar with this pattern you can see the big mistake, but I refuse to rip out that huge green leaf at the bottom. I'll fudge the chart a little later. I love the colors in this one.

Two more days and I can share the Christmas in July swap. I can't wait to open the package sent by Sharon over at Quilting With A Marmalade Cat.

Today's my birthday so it's particularly hard not to open it.
Marsha

1 comment:

mainely stitching said...

Happy birthday, Marsha!!

Thanks for sharing all these amazing photos of your own stitching and that of friends!