I've already had a bunch of compliments on it. The colors are great. I recommend this pattern to anyone.
I have 3 pieces going to the framer on Thursday. Here are the before pictures.
The one on the left is a Bent Creek pattern and I did switch the colors to GA and WDW to suit my taste. I stitched it on a scrap of overdyed linen. The second is a BBD freebie from earlier this summer. It's on a piece of Vicki Clayton 35ct cream linen with Needlepoint Silks. I redid my grandmother's birth and death date and last name to fit better and added a row of lace to the top and bottom. She had given me a box of lace and it was fun to sort through it and find something to fit. This is going to go to my Mom for Christmas. The third is a Hands to Work pattern. I decided not to stitch the border around it. It is stitched on 40 ct R&R linen in Antique Cotton and also done in overdyed cotton threads and I did go by the pattern. Can't wait to pick out frames on Thursday.
Saturday was the wedding day of Jeff and Cassandra Hunt, a lovely couple. It was a beautiful day and the couple wanted everyone to have fun. It was an informal outdoor wedding with cornhole games set up (a Cincinnati bean bag type game) and a huge inflatable house for jumping. We wish them much love and a long life filled with adventure, good beer and happiness.
5 comments:
What a lovely purse ;) I just bought a purse on Etsy that is similar :)
I LOVE your finishes! I bet they are going to be gorgeous framed up!
The purse and your stitching are both wonderful! Just stunning colors for that purse - wow!!
Your purse is gorgeous !!!!!!!
You are so gifted.
Be proud........you do good work !!
I love your purse!! Well done Marsha!
I cannot believe the amount of stitching you get done, love all of it! Can't wait to see them framed up!
Fabulous job on the bag Marsha!
That is one of my favourite patterns.
Love your Halloween finishes and I saw in a later post that they are now framed beautifully.
Margaret
Post a Comment