My daughter, Dana, and I went to a Stampin' Up 'Stamp A Stack' on a Friday night not long ago. We made two of each of the cards shown below. It's a fun evening. We learn new techniques, someone has everything ready to go, the paper isn't spread out at our house and we walk away with a new bunch of pretty cards. I need to get busy and make some fun Halloween cards.




I've been looking at laying tools for a while, but they seemed expensive. Then I saw on mainely stitching's blog, http://mainelystitching.wordpress.com/, her new laying tool. Went to Etsy and voila! Perfect. I used it on this Christmas ornament to get the ribbon to lay right. So visit, silverWares at etsy.com if you are interested too.
Marsha
Then here is one of two batches of 'Triple Gifts' soap I made. It has gold mica sprinkled on top for extra special sparkle. I belong to the OhioSoapers yahoo group. Most years there is a swap in the fall. We have no theme this year so I decided on a Frankincense, Gold, and Myrrh soap made with three butters (cocoa, mango and shea). Double the triple gifts. Should be awesome for winter dryness.
Then here is a Christmas ornament I finished stitching. I can't decide which backing to use. The one on the left has a delicate, subtle, leaf pattern and the one on the right is a white on white pattern. Have any comments?
I'm not showing the whole ornaments yet, as someone may be peeking.
So, that's some of what I do. Course, this blog fits in there too. And have you noticed that I like sparkle? Emily, the Stampin' Up friend knows that almost every card I make has to have glitter or something shiny on it. What's up with that???
So, that's some of what I do. Course, this blog fits in there too. And have you noticed that I like sparkle? Emily, the Stampin' Up friend knows that almost every card I make has to have glitter or something shiny on it. What's up with that???
So that's what I do on my days off and even the days I do work since I don't clock in until 2:30. You can get a lot done before 2!
Marsha
2 comments:
Gorgeous laying tool Marsha!! You certainly do keep busy, just love all your projects! The cards are beautiful!
I like the fabric on the left :-)
You're the second person that I know of who bought a laying tool from that etsy seller after I posted mine - they're great, huh? :) And can't beat the price!
WONDERFUL stitching!
Post a Comment