Tuesday, December 1, 2009

December 1st

Happy December 1st. I saw this advent calendar peeking out behind a picture today as I was cleaning up. I was so happy to find it on the first of December and not the 31st like I usually do. I love opening the little windows and I really liked this one because it looked older and European. How nice that an angel is the behind the first window. I love it.

A few weeks ago I went to a local craft show and didn't really see a whole lot that was new and interesting. That is, until I found Glitter House Girl. It was glittery. It was sparkly. It was fun and it was shiny. I love sparkly, glittery things. So, I bought a house and hope to buy a few more in the future. This is not a good picture but it will give you the idea. She has an etsy shop - glitterhousegirl.


Before I forget, I have one more Thanksgiving glimpse. I got a gift from my secret stitcher the day before Thanksgiving. A surprise box with a card, a small pattern called Autumn Snapperland by Bent Creek, a nice pad of paper with a sampler motif on it and a cute turkey decoration. I really like everything and it was a great surprise.


Marsha

3 comments:

Heidi said...

You are a gorgeous advent calender! It looks like it is from my childhood instead of the modern day ones. I have an advent tradition each year. I reread a book about an advent calender. I will be posting about it today on my home and garden blog if you want to hear about it.

Hugs ~
Heidi

Tammy said...

Love your advent calendar Marsha and the glitter house is so pretty!
Nice gifts, you lucky gal!

Anonymous said...

Wonderfull!!!!!
hugs
Françoise