We had two small trees filled with ornaments. One tree for the secret stitchers and one for the regular ornament exchange. Here are a few of those ornaments.
A sharing of life in the mid-west. A cross stitcher, sewer, book lover, and gardener.
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
QCSG Christmas Party
The Queen City Sampler Guild had a delightful Christmas party on the 12th of December. The Christmas party committee did a great job organizing the day. The lunch was warm and satisfying. The setting was festive and the company of stitchers made a great afternoon. There were small gifts at the table for everyone - chocolate, a handmade button needle minder, etc. A raffle ticket was given to all and everyone won a door prize. I myself won a handmade scissor fob done in red and gold beads - I hung it on my tree for now and you can see it in the sidebar pictures. I was in charge of the silent auction. I'm happy to say a good amount of money was brought into the guild through the generosity of donated charts and kits that I put together into lots for the auction. I bid on and won a pink Whitman tin with all the items needed to make it into a lined sampler box (fabric, threads, batting, magnets etc.). Long tables were covered in stitched items our members brought in to share. It was an incredible sight. Lots of oohhing and aahhing. So come take a look:

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
All I can say is "WOW"!
I have never since such amazing stitching all in one place.
You belong to a wonderful guild Marsha, thank you for sharing.
Happy New Year!
You must have had a lot of fun at the Christmas Party. What great pieces were on display there. And that wonderful little tree with the stitched ornaments. What a treat.
Happy New Year!
Thanks for sharing photos of the guild Christmas party. I was sorry to have missed it, but we had to go to Florida for my aunt's funeral.
Hope to see you soon.
Hi Mom! I just opened up the Easter card, and it looks great. I know that you send out one for each holiday to each family member and that each one is unique. I think that you should post a special section with pictures of the cards you make, too!
Post a Comment