Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentines Day




I considered this past Thursday and Friday to be my weekend since I worked the real weekend.  I made some good progress on my BAP for Becky's challenge.  I'm liking this more and more.  I'm not sure I'm going to have enough floss, however.  I'm using a single strand but these Kreinik skeins seem very small.
Does anyone out there have past experience with them? I bought what the chart called for but it just doesn't look like enough.









On Saturday I got a surprise package in the mail from my Secret Stitcher. 
Here's the lovely Valentine's card.


Look at the beautiful hanging pillow that was made for me. I was almost in tears when I opened it, it's so pretty.  It's hanging between the two pillows of the month that I hang on my kitchen shelf.  My DH was standing next to me when I opened it and even he was impressed.


The back has a pocket.


I love the lace trimming and the button in the middle.



A Quaker pinkeep is attached to the back but I can pin it on something else as it has a pin backing on it.  Thank you, thank you to my Secret Stitcher. I LOVE it. You make my heart happy.



Mary Kathryn from eHandcrafts Stitching Room sent me the rest of my order and I got it yesterday.  I've been in the mood to sew and this looks like a cute little project to add to my list.


Love this little chart.  I can see some buttons in the middle of the flowers instead of stitches. 


Before I forget, hop on over to Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe: Lets do it again with another GRAND give-away!

All for now.  Hope you have a great day.

Marsha

5 comments:

The Inspired Stitcher said...

I love your progress on the BAP! It's coming right along. Looks like you have an awesome Secret Stitcher this year! Too cool!

Christie said...

Your sampler is looking great. Love your secret stitcher gift.

Heidi said...

Love the sampler! The Valentine's gift from your secret sister is so pretty.

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi

Siobhán said...

Wonderful gifts and stash!

I think the thread coverage looks good, but if you're not happy with it, change it now. Or let it sit a bit and see what you think. I've learned from personal eperience that it's best to change at the beginning!

That Buddy is too cute--love the pics of him and beloved Clark on your blog.

Jenny said...

Oh wow, that pretty little pillow is a real stunner. The finishing is fabulous!

I love how yur four-sided stitch alphabet is turning out and those colors are so pretty! I love browns and blues together (I am thinking BBD Blueberry Crumbcake.. LOL)