I have to get business over with first. I have made my blog a word certification free zone. I can't tell you how frustrating it is to want to comment on someones beautiful stitching and then spend 5 minutes entering crazy letters that I can barely figure out only to find out that, yes indeed, I did enter the wrong letters and now here's a new set to piss you off even more. I usually give up - my time's too valuable. If I'm blogging and reading blogs that means I'm not stitching. Sooo, if I hate it so much why should I make you suffer through the same frustration. There, I feel better now and I hope you do too.
Have you seen my side bar with the Hari-Kuyo badge? I enrolled in my first e-course and it's been great. The Japanese have a wonderful ceremony every February 8th for their broken needles that have served them well the previous year. They honor them and then bury them. I loved Sue's of Plays With Needles needle book and when she offered a course to make one I jumped at the chance. I didn't have enough time to pick my own fabrics so I went with her kit.
Here are most of my supplies with everything pressed and ready to go.
I started lesson two with the making of the front cover flower. I'm still thinking of adding some beads but I did suck it up and make my french knots. A couple are wonky but I'm not going to fuss about them.
I haven't embroidered or used silk ribbons in many years so I was pretty pleased how it turned out. It was fun to embroider again.
This is lesson 3 all completed. All french knots came out great. Stitching over tissue was new to me. That was how the lettering was completed. Still thinking about a couple of beads. My peeps know how much I like sparkle so I think before I start lesson 4 a few will have to be added. This is the inside of the back cover. Our next lesson will be the start of stitching the book together.
I have lots of other things to share but I thought I would keep this separate and do a different blog post later.
Marsha
Have you seen my side bar with the Hari-Kuyo badge? I enrolled in my first e-course and it's been great. The Japanese have a wonderful ceremony every February 8th for their broken needles that have served them well the previous year. They honor them and then bury them. I loved Sue's of Plays With Needles needle book and when she offered a course to make one I jumped at the chance. I didn't have enough time to pick my own fabrics so I went with her kit.
Here are most of my supplies with everything pressed and ready to go.
I started lesson two with the making of the front cover flower. I'm still thinking of adding some beads but I did suck it up and make my french knots. A couple are wonky but I'm not going to fuss about them.
I haven't embroidered or used silk ribbons in many years so I was pretty pleased how it turned out. It was fun to embroider again.
This is lesson 3 all completed. All french knots came out great. Stitching over tissue was new to me. That was how the lettering was completed. Still thinking about a couple of beads. My peeps know how much I like sparkle so I think before I start lesson 4 a few will have to be added. This is the inside of the back cover. Our next lesson will be the start of stitching the book together.
I have lots of other things to share but I thought I would keep this separate and do a different blog post later.
Marsha
5 comments:
Marsha your needlebook is very pretty.
Such a pretty notebook! I'm with you though - I love the sparkly stuff, so a few beads would be lovely. Happy stitching!
I can't wait to see your needlebook finished! The stitches are beautiful. I love your Aqua Sampler. Aqua and brown are stunning and whatever stitch you're doing for the letters is really pretty!
Oh, and...rot bag...BAWHAHAHAHAHAHA!
And...I'm glad I'm not the only one that puts in the wrong letters; I can't distinguish them!
What a charming idea. I don't usually break hand sewing needles but I lose plenty!
Margaret
Wow, that flower from lesson 2 is gorgeous! The ribbon colors are so bright and fun. Can't wait to see how the needle-book page will look with sparklies.
Post a Comment