I broke this up because I have such a hard time waiting for the pictures to upload. Makes me crazy - I could be stitching! Here's part II:
These first couple are from Quilts: A World of Beauty show, but don't quote me on that.
Cincinnati Modern Quilt Guild Presents: A Modern Spin on the Ohio Star Block. It was really neat to see the different quilters take on this theme. (Love Turquoise and Red!)
another celebrate spring, with a close up. I am so in awe of quilters, their ideas and then execution.
The 3 dimensional Tactile Architecture Artist Village.
My friends and I particularly liked the Twelve by Twelve show. Every two months the same 12 artists were given a word, theme or color and then designed a quilt block depicting their interpretation. (such as; eggplant, community, etc.) Actually, there was a Colorplay Series and a Theme Series - 12 for each. Those blocks were then put together in the same order as a quilt. Below are pictured the 12 artists and they are in the order that their block appears on the quilt.
It took us a while to figure this out but it was interesting that each of us were drawn to the same artist/s. I particularly liked Terry Grant's blocks. She was in the middle of the second row.
I love bees so I REALLY liked this one - theme DANDELION.
The last I am going to show you is 'Dixie Dingo Dreaming' in the Festival Gallery of Quilt Art: Good for You.
We really liked the use of all Australian fabrics and the minute detail.
Hope you felt like you had a tiny tour of the International Quilt show. Next I'll show you the stash building I did - Yikes!
Marsha
These first couple are from Quilts: A World of Beauty show, but don't quote me on that.
Cincinnati Modern Quilt Guild Presents: A Modern Spin on the Ohio Star Block. It was really neat to see the different quilters take on this theme. (Love Turquoise and Red!)
another celebrate spring, with a close up. I am so in awe of quilters, their ideas and then execution.
The 3 dimensional Tactile Architecture Artist Village.
My friends and I particularly liked the Twelve by Twelve show. Every two months the same 12 artists were given a word, theme or color and then designed a quilt block depicting their interpretation. (such as; eggplant, community, etc.) Actually, there was a Colorplay Series and a Theme Series - 12 for each. Those blocks were then put together in the same order as a quilt. Below are pictured the 12 artists and they are in the order that their block appears on the quilt.
It took us a while to figure this out but it was interesting that each of us were drawn to the same artist/s. I particularly liked Terry Grant's blocks. She was in the middle of the second row.
I love bees so I REALLY liked this one - theme DANDELION.
The last I am going to show you is 'Dixie Dingo Dreaming' in the Festival Gallery of Quilt Art: Good for You.
We really liked the use of all Australian fabrics and the minute detail.
Hope you felt like you had a tiny tour of the International Quilt show. Next I'll show you the stash building I did - Yikes!
Marsha
5 comments:
Great pictures - I put a link to yours from mine telling people about your photos. I love the dog quilt - such wonderful details.
hi Marsha- i was overwhelmed just with the shopping and didn't hit the exhibit part at all- the show is huge!!!! Thanks for the pics - lots of inspiration!
Martha
Wow, what a great show that must have been! The detail in each quilt is amazing. I can't wait to see your stash enhancement!
What an awesome post! I loved it. I am new to your blog and look forward to reading more of your past posts.
Your sweet little Buddy is so cute! I love that look on his little face. :)
Blessings always : )
What a fun idea to have a group of people each interpret a theme into a block! Really nice quilts! See you tonight!
Post a Comment