I see blogger is switching things around again - sign. Please stop.
Anyway, as promised here is my stash report. It's hefty but you have to realize that I waited a year to come back here and get the things that I didn't have a chance to get last year.
First up, however, is a wonderful Easter card and Easter surprise that I got from my Secret Stitcher from the guild. It arrived in time for Easter but I procrastinated taking its picture and posting it.
A new purse pattern and lovely fabrics to go with in my favorite cool colors. Thanks a bunch Secret Stitcher. I like this a lot.
While looking at purse patterns one of the vendors recommended this new product to use instead of fusible fleece. She had purses there to feel the difference and the one with this felt wonderful, had kept a nice shape (does not collapse) and is actually lighter than the fleece. My friend and I had to try it out and can't wait to sew with it.
Zippers from one booth (who did not want to take my debit card - do you want to sell stuff or not?) and Russian doll and bird fabric from another. I was on the lookout for the doll fabric. It was on my wish list.
The other fabric that was on my wish list was the booth selling real indigo fabric. It was so hard to choose. There were so many to pick from. I will be zigzagging the edges and laundering per instructions as it bleeds quite a bit. I'm in love and can't decide on a project for it.
My needle book project led me to look for different fabric choices and I found a booth with Thailand, Chinese and other far eastern choices. I'm thinking of making another needle book in a different colorway so this neat little package will give me choices when I'm ready.
Some gorgeous silks for the inside cover or lining of a different project. Maybe a piece for a giveaway?
This little yo yo purse came from the same booth. So so cute! I'm a purse nut, so I could not resist and the price was crazy reasonable.
I was surprised and happy to see Karen Kluba there with all her Rosewood Manor things. I had tried to get this at the January stitch away but they were out of the chart. Lucky me got it here and the gorgeous lupine linen to go with.
Lastly, the wool for my needle book pages. There were quite a few vendors selling wool this year. It must be all the rage and I was glad I had a lot to choose from.
Marsha
Anyway, as promised here is my stash report. It's hefty but you have to realize that I waited a year to come back here and get the things that I didn't have a chance to get last year.
First up, however, is a wonderful Easter card and Easter surprise that I got from my Secret Stitcher from the guild. It arrived in time for Easter but I procrastinated taking its picture and posting it.
A new purse pattern and lovely fabrics to go with in my favorite cool colors. Thanks a bunch Secret Stitcher. I like this a lot.
While looking at purse patterns one of the vendors recommended this new product to use instead of fusible fleece. She had purses there to feel the difference and the one with this felt wonderful, had kept a nice shape (does not collapse) and is actually lighter than the fleece. My friend and I had to try it out and can't wait to sew with it.
Zippers from one booth (who did not want to take my debit card - do you want to sell stuff or not?) and Russian doll and bird fabric from another. I was on the lookout for the doll fabric. It was on my wish list.
The other fabric that was on my wish list was the booth selling real indigo fabric. It was so hard to choose. There were so many to pick from. I will be zigzagging the edges and laundering per instructions as it bleeds quite a bit. I'm in love and can't decide on a project for it.
My needle book project led me to look for different fabric choices and I found a booth with Thailand, Chinese and other far eastern choices. I'm thinking of making another needle book in a different colorway so this neat little package will give me choices when I'm ready.
Some gorgeous silks for the inside cover or lining of a different project. Maybe a piece for a giveaway?
This little yo yo purse came from the same booth. So so cute! I'm a purse nut, so I could not resist and the price was crazy reasonable.
I was surprised and happy to see Karen Kluba there with all her Rosewood Manor things. I had tried to get this at the January stitch away but they were out of the chart. Lucky me got it here and the gorgeous lupine linen to go with.
Lastly, the wool for my needle book pages. There were quite a few vendors selling wool this year. It must be all the rage and I was glad I had a lot to choose from.
Marsha
2 comments:
Oh Marsha - I love your goodies! I seriously thought about getting the Vintage Lace sampler from Rosewood, but I'd already purchased Barnwood Buttons and Quaker Diamonds. All her stuff was lovely. And it was good to see lots of wool along with the regular fabric choices. I bought some of the purse interfacing too. I think it will be great for bags. I always dislike when they get too smooshy.
Oh my, what an assortment of lusciousness!
Post a Comment