Saturday, November 17, 2012

Big Boy

When I got home from running errands yesterday, I saw 'big boy' way in the back yard.  He kept sticking his head in between the pine trees.  What the heck was he doing.


Ah hah!  His girlfriend was on the other side of the pines browsing.  She came around further into the yard.  Perfect for picture taking.


'Big boy' was pretty curious and came further up the yard.  What a rack!  10 points.



He was looking for a drink but my birdbath was empty. 



He kept a good eye on his girlfriend.


Just a little sunflower seed snack, for sustenance.


Uh oh, girlfriend's roaming.  Time to leave.

Marsha

9 comments:

Annette-California said...

How beautiful! I loved seeing these photos. Thank you for sharing:)
love Annette

Siobhán said...

Wow, how neat! My brother (in northern Virginia) gets a lot of deer in his yard. I miss seeing them here--but not worrying about driving where they might leap across the road!

Vickie said...

Oh, thank you for sharing such wonderful pictures. We see dear very near our home of course here in Wisconsin. But it is such a rare treat to see the magnificent buck.

Anonymous said...

What fabulous pictures! What a very handsome and impressive 'big boy' you have!

Robin in Virginia
rlbrowninva @ gmail.com

Carol said...

Oh, aren't those bucks impressive, Marsha! We have a couple of them in our backyard, too, and I hope I can get some photos as nice as yours!

blue star stitcher said...

What amazing photos, those deer are so beautiful! I wish we had more wildlife here.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet love story!

Janet P said...

I just love the photos, I get Deer quite near to us, but not with great antlers like those. x

The Inspired Stitcher said...

What a fun thing to get to see so close up! Nice pictures.