Friday, November 30, 2012

Last Day of November

I thought I better get this November post in before the Christmas pictures need to be uploaded.

First up, I got this pretty Thanksgiving day card from my Secret Stitcher.  Enclosed with it was this cool Puffin Co. ruler and chart minder.  I can use it to measure (I've already used it that way) and I can also use it on a chart to hold my place.  It has teeny tiny STRONG magnets.  It matches the bee needle minder she gifted me with already.  Next weekend my secret stitcher will be revealed at the QCSG's Christmas party.


I've been stitching Christmas ornaments like crazy so I can have them finished for next weekend.  I'll take pictures when they are finished.  This first one is a freebie from iStitch.  It was a last minute pick and it stitched up really quickly.  I used Belle Soie silks on a 40 ct. scrap piece of linen.  Beanstalk and Poison Apple are the silk colors.  One strand over 2 threads. This 1st picture shows the colors better.




The colors in this one are showing up horrible.  I mean, really horrible.  The thread colors are showing much better than the linen.  The linen is 32 count Pampas from Picture this Plus Fabric.  It is a pale mottled green that is really pretty and I'm not much of a green person.  The floss was a Gentle Arts special edition 'Wreath'.  I was in a panic when I got to a point and knew I was going to run out of thread.  Thank goodness for all the Thanksgiving holiday sales that were in progress.  Colonial Crafts still had some left and I got two more skeins very quickly.  It's an All Through the Night, Folk Art Design, Itty Bitty chart - Merry Christmas.


This next one was really fun to stitch and went pretty quickly also.  It will be for my secret stitcher.  It is DMC on 36 ct.?  (not sure, it may be 40 ct.)  I am sure that it was DMC floss and is a Barbara Ann design which I ordered as PDF file from Creative Poppy ABCs, Samplers, Monograms.  Lots of cool charts there.



This was in the JCS Christmas ornament preview issue for 2012.  I used 36ct Pewter linen from Picture this Plus.  It used DMC also but I added in some Pearl Kreinik with the white to give it some sparkle.  I do love me some sparkle for the holiday season.  This was not a quick stitch.  There's a lot of stitching in this one.  I substituted a bead for the eye on the bird but it's pretty big. It's called Little Flake Tree from Fresh Threads Studio. 


I have my backing fabrics picked.  Wish me luck on finishing them off.  I dread that part and it seems to take forever.  I work all weekend so I need to get a move on before hand.  I have two more ornaments I want to stitch.  One is for my grandson and I have a good start on it.  The other is for the DH and promises to be a quick stitch but with 6 different reds and 10 other colors I just can't see how that's going to be possible.


Over the Thanksgiving weekend my niece came for a visit with her DH and two sweet children.  They get along great with my grandson and had a fun time running around, painting and generally being silly. (and no one got hurt)


My daughter, my niece, DH, me, oldest son and the three hoods with Buddy's tail too. 


Next post will be after the guild's Christmas party so I'll have lots of pictures to share.

Marsha

9 comments:

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Love all the ornaments, Marsha! Looks like you are in the home stretch now. I'm sure you'll get them all done lickety-split! That's a nice picture of your all too.

carol fun said...

Cute kids and cute ornaments! I love those chubby birds by Barbara Ana. Good luck with the finishing - there is nothing more motivating that a deadline -- take care!

Carol said...

My you've been busy, Marsha--everything looks great!

Hard to believe November is over, isn't it?! Enjoy your December :)

Annette-California said...

Wow - love all you stitched. It does take time to finish them properly - but so worth it:)Darling family photo.
love Annette

Vickie said...

Oh my! You have been busy. Great stuff. Now to get it all finished!!

Margaret said...

Great family pics!! And all your ornie stitching -- wow! I really love them all! I remember seeing that Barbara Ana one -- so cute! Nice that your grandson had playmates for Thanksgiving. :D

Siobhán said...

Great family pictures, Marsha! I loved seeing all of your ornaments--good luck with the finishing! That's the part I always dread the most. I need to get going on my Christmas stitching--I seem to have slumped away most of the year.

Barbara Lang said...

I love the Itty Bitty Merry Christmas and would love to stitch it. I have searched for it, but cannot find a company Itty Bitty. Could you possibly give me more information so I can order one? Thank you so much.
brm15@hughes.net

Solstitches said...

What a wonderful collection of ornaments. I especially like the Merry Christmas bird - beautiful!
Margaret