We had a wonderful guest lecture on Saturday hosted by the Queen City Sampler Guild. Darlene Anderson gave two wonderful talks. The first was about Adam and Eve Samplers. She had slides of all the A & E samplers that she has stitched over the years with all their back round information. Of course, it gave us all ideas on samplers we want to start stitching.
On my way to the meeting I noticed a hot air balloon in the sky. We used to have them float over our house all summer long for years but since it's been built up with sub divisions that doesn't happen much any more. A touch of nostalgia to see this one. It made me nervous, however, so close to those power lines.
Darlene also gave a talk with a slide show on Christmas ornaments that she stitched in less than a year to decorate a new Christmas tree. The table below is full of ornaments that she brought along. And she couldn't bring them all!
These are a few shown closer up.
Here's Darlene at the beginning of her sampler ornament talk. She was a delightful speaker.
Darlene brought gifts for us! These thread/needle books were made by Darlene and given out as door prizes. I was very envious not to have won one. So gracious and generous.
Our newest guild member won this gorgeous 'blue' one. Lucky her!
This one was slightly different in the way it folded up. Very cool.
and the back.
I am not participating in the secret stitcher program this year but I'm enjoying seeing the gifts that others are getting. This cute little rabbit holding the scissors with fob were gifted to my friend Amanda. The fob was gorgeous in her favorite colors of turquoise with tiny shells. So delicate and pretty.
We also had a table set up of our guild members stitching. One member is known for her dolls and bears. She made these from a member's mother's fur coats. So awesome and gorgeous. The paws are made with the lining fabric which is usually a beautiful patterned silk.
I want him.
Nicole brought in her finished A&E 'And They Sinned'. She stitched this in less than year.
Christy finished her 'Immigration' sampler. This is gorgeous. Hard to see all the detail in this one.
Happy Stitching!
Marsha
5 comments:
Sounds like a wonderful gathering. Would have loved to hear about the A&E samplers. What amazing work, how cool that she made needle books for the door prizes. Makes me want to dive into my A&E, but I must finish my HRH project first.
Oh, I love the three queens too! And I am envious right now of those needle book gifts!!
Never too many pictures! I enjoyed every single one. And all the details too. Thanks so much for sharing with us! Those queens on the Lauren Sauer piece are marvelous!
What a wonderful meeting. Thanks for sharing all those beautiful projects.
So many talented members in your guild, Marsha! And all those ornaments stitched by Darlene are heavenly!! Thanks for sharing those wonderful photos... And Happy Easter to you!
Post a Comment