I thought I'd start with the third project in my SAL group. People are so creative. They are giving me some ideas for my kits.
Friday my DD and I got to spend the day together. That hardly ever happens so we were excited to go to the Kentucky Wool Festival in Falmouth, Kentucky. It was a beautiful day for a drive in the country. One of our sheepish greeters.
It was nice and hot the day we went so I'm sure these sheep loved their haircut.
All kinds of fiber producing animals were in attendance. Angora rabbits had a small presence.
A new baby.
Here's DD taking her own pictures. After about tossing her cookies in the animal tent, we decided she's not really a country girl.
The food smelled wonderful. Every kind of fair food was available. I couldn't believe the size of this skillet for frying up potatoes.
Another greeter.
One of my main objectives in our trip was to find a new supply of clean wool. I love using it in pincushions and stuffed ornaments. The closest I got was roving ready to be spun. Thanks to Punkin's Patch I got my roving and this cool felted wool ball which is sitting on the roving.
I found one craft vendor I really liked and parted ways with some dollars. A pretty bone dish.
Christmas ornaments from old quilts.
And a green frog, the first I've seen.
I'm so glad I had my daughter to visit and laugh with. It was a beautiful day at the festival.
Marsha
Friday my DD and I got to spend the day together. That hardly ever happens so we were excited to go to the Kentucky Wool Festival in Falmouth, Kentucky. It was a beautiful day for a drive in the country. One of our sheepish greeters.
All kinds of fiber producing animals were in attendance. Angora rabbits had a small presence.
A new baby.
Here's DD taking her own pictures. After about tossing her cookies in the animal tent, we decided she's not really a country girl.
The food smelled wonderful. Every kind of fair food was available. I couldn't believe the size of this skillet for frying up potatoes.
Another greeter.
One of my main objectives in our trip was to find a new supply of clean wool. I love using it in pincushions and stuffed ornaments. The closest I got was roving ready to be spun. Thanks to Punkin's Patch I got my roving and this cool felted wool ball which is sitting on the roving.
I found one craft vendor I really liked and parted ways with some dollars. A pretty bone dish.
Christmas ornaments from old quilts.
And a green frog, the first I've seen.
I'm so glad I had my daughter to visit and laugh with. It was a beautiful day at the festival.
Marsha
13 comments:
Glad to hear you had a great time with your daughter. Fun fair and great goodies that made it home with you:) Love the Christmas ornaments from old quilts, your new dish and the green frog!
love Annette
I always enjoy a post about events in another country. I live near Falmouth in the UK.
Aww glad you had a fun time..very lovely fair ..so much fun ❤️
Sweet Christmas ornament
Hugs x
Looks like you had a great time, it is wonderful to spend time with your DD, hugs.
That is a day really well spent. Love the photos.
Looks like it was a great wool festival! Love your purchases. It's always nice to have a day with DD too! Love the latest SAL kit too. So cute!
Fun stuff! =)
Looks like a wonderful day with your daughter!
Lots of good stuff to see, smell, buy and eat :)
that's my kind of day! Especially when you share it with a daughter!
Oooooo, I love the fair. So much great stuff!
Looks like you had fun. :)
Lovely day!
I had a great time with my DM. The goodies we found made up for that terrible smell!
Post a Comment