I made my first Altoid box for the Tiara Retreat smalls exchange. This is a freebie chart 'Boo Tyme' by Homespun Elegance. I changed the floss colors after googling boo tyme and seeing that others had changed them. I think the linen is Dubloon, my favorite. I used a couple of on-line tutorials for 'how to' cover the tin.
Red Lead is a great on-line store for tapes and other cool stuff for finishing. That's where I got the alphabet tape. The ric rac is from Victorian Motto. Another great source for finishing touches.
Card stock for the upper lid and very old fabric that I've had over 20 years for the bottom.
This is the exchange piece I received. It's so cute, I love it. Thank you Judith.
I recently agreed to a private SAL. Not really a SAL. Projects spread out through out the coming year. I have gotten three for Halloween. They are so stinkin' cute. Here's the first. I started her the evening I got her 'cause she's just so cute.
Here's all the stuff to make it up. Cool stuff.
Here's the second kit. How cool is that? I almost opened it in the car but knew you'd love seeing the special packaging.
There's part one.
Oh my, a package within a package.
The threads!
The third package came this weekend and I haven't had a chance to take it's picture. I'll share this week. I made a trip to the Kentucky Wool Festival on Friday with my daughter. I have a few pictures from that too.
Happy Stitching!
Marsha
Red Lead is a great on-line store for tapes and other cool stuff for finishing. That's where I got the alphabet tape. The ric rac is from Victorian Motto. Another great source for finishing touches.
Card stock for the upper lid and very old fabric that I've had over 20 years for the bottom.
This is the exchange piece I received. It's so cute, I love it. Thank you Judith.
I recently agreed to a private SAL. Not really a SAL. Projects spread out through out the coming year. I have gotten three for Halloween. They are so stinkin' cute. Here's the first. I started her the evening I got her 'cause she's just so cute.
Here's all the stuff to make it up. Cool stuff.
Here's the second kit. How cool is that? I almost opened it in the car but knew you'd love seeing the special packaging.
There's part one.
Oh my, a package within a package.
The threads!
The third package came this weekend and I haven't had a chance to take it's picture. I'll share this week. I made a trip to the Kentucky Wool Festival on Friday with my daughter. I have a few pictures from that too.
Happy Stitching!
Marsha
16 comments:
Marsha,
The SAL you joined sends such cute packages. Can others sign up for the same thing? Thanks!
Amy Varnell-Miller
tangerinedream73@gmail.com
It's a closed group, sorry. I just thought everyone would enjoy seeing the ideas. These are free patterns, btw.
Such cute little kits!
Your "Boo" box is Fabulous. So darling, you did a great job. Darling framed cat you received. Your packages were so well put together. How fun! love Annette
Cool SAL projects!
What a great idea.
Marilyn
aww such sweet cool sal kits...so sweet
boo piece is so lovely and very pretty finish too.
hugs x
Whoever is organizing and making up those SAL kits is doing a wonderful job! What fun! Love the chosen pieces too. Great exchange you made for the retreat and the one you received is so sweet!
I love your altoid tin :) Perfect!
And what a neat way to exchange! I love those projects :))
Great finish on your tin :) Great charts & goodies, they come in fun packaging!
Beautiful work!
The sal looks like lots of fun. I love the packaging.
That tin is so cute, Marsha! I really need to make one of those, myself! Love the kitted goodies, too--enjoy :)
Wonderful tin finish adn I adore the Halloween kit!~
Hi Marsha, you mentioned that the patterns were free. Could you please tell me where the little witch riding the broom with a pumpkin and holding a flower is from? I would LOVE to be able to stitch her.
Thanks in advance!
Oh my goodness, those kits are the cutest thing ever!!! So clever and fun!
The tin came out fab. Nice little touches all around. :)
All are so cute!
Gorgeous! Love all the projects ... and I am normally not a fan on Halloween projects. Was trying to find the tape you used. But could not locate it online. Oh well maybe some other time.
Post a Comment