Here's a little Jeanette Douglas chart I sewed up and made into a fob ala Vonna's Twisted Stitcher tutorial.
Another bee skep with a couple of bees buzzing around.
The only color I changed was the purple color. I believe I used 32 count Dubloon, my favorite color linen.
The cord was made from vintage floss I got on ebay. It claimed to be silk but I seriously doubt it. I think it may be rayon or something similar. Very shiny. The buttons are vintage also.
And, yes, I did use glue. I do NOT like hand sewing. That's what glue and machine stitching are for.
YES, we do have a giveaway winner. Clare from Aimetu blog, http://aimetu-clare.blogspot.co.uk , won. So happy for Clare.
Happy Stitching!
Marsha
Another bee skep with a couple of bees buzzing around.
The only color I changed was the purple color. I believe I used 32 count Dubloon, my favorite color linen.
The cord was made from vintage floss I got on ebay. It claimed to be silk but I seriously doubt it. I think it may be rayon or something similar. Very shiny. The buttons are vintage also.
And, yes, I did use glue. I do NOT like hand sewing. That's what glue and machine stitching are for.
YES, we do have a giveaway winner. Clare from Aimetu blog, http://aimetu-clare.blogspot.co.uk , won. So happy for Clare.
Happy Stitching!
Marsha
20 comments:
Love your new header.
Your little Bee design is so lovely and just love how you put it together.
I love what you can do with fabric glue now I use it all the time hugs.
Sweet, sweet, sweet! Love the cardinals.
A lovely finish! Beautiful!
This is just beautiful!! I love the pattern and you did a fantastic job with the finishing!!
Tricia
This is so sweet! What a lovely job of finishing.
Nice finish. I really like bee skeps as a stitching motif.
A fabulous new finish! Love it!
What a cute little fob! I love your new header. We do not have cardinals in Western Washington.
Great job! I love Jeannette's designs! She's a pretty cool lady too!
Super sweet! Love your bee fob. I haven't tried Dubloon linen before and I think I need to:) Love the bee hive....
love Annette
Wonderful finish!!
Beautiful bees and finish Marsha
I am so overwhelmed to be the next owner of John Foster - thank you so so much x x
Too stinkin' cute! Congrats to Clare. Have a good week, my friend!
What an adorable finish--I love it!
Lovely stitching and finishing.
Very good job with the finish!
Very nice!!!!! :)
This is absolutely gorgeous, love the colours!
Great finish for a small piece! Love your Johnny, too - frame is perfect.
So very sweet!! Congrats to your winner ~ just catching up on posts and see I missed a great giveaway ~ loved seeing everyone's versions of the sampler!
Post a Comment