John Foster, that is. I'm sure he's an angel or at least in heaven. I wonder what he makes of people stitching a sampler that he stitched over a 100 years ago. Does he like it when we change it to reflect our own personalities? Do you think there is a stitcher's group in heaven? No housework or work period to interrupt stitching time unless you choose to. Do they point out to each other and say 'Hey look, someone started your sampler Susan Singleton' and then groan 'Oh no, Sarah Owens, they stuffed you into the closet.' Or, 'Oh look, she got you out again Margaret Cottam!' Fun to think about.
200! I've had something to say 200 times in the public domain?! That's bizarre to think about. Let's celebrate this particular blog's 200th posting with a giveaway. But first let's look at John Foster in a big way and a small way.
Our LNS, Keepsakes, offered a discount on framing if she could have a display of our John Fosters in her shop. What a deal. Good for her and good for us. All of these are framed differently to the stitcher's taste.
This one belongs to Patti. Patti goes to lots of stitch retreats and I'm sure many of you know her.
I know this one is Christie's, Indigo Rain blogger. Look how she changed the border from the light lavender color to gold. The dovecotes are different too. They gave everyone fits. I love the gold fillet around the inside edge of the frame.
This one is mine. This shows my true linen color the best of all the photos.
The bee skep is what drew me to the sampler. I love bees and samplers with bees and skeps.
The little dogs are cute too. One of the stitchers changed her dogs to cats because she likes cats and has cats.
Have always loved a good house in a sampler too.
A close up of the frame. I chose the frame because it looks old to go with the faded old look of my version of the sampler.
I know, I know. What am I giving away? Well, I first bought the premium silks from HDF for John Foster. That sounds good doesn't it? Premium. They are good, but they don't work on 36 count linen. They are meant to be used single stranded on 28 to 32 count linen. Poop. So, I reordered the correct silk. My loss is your gain.
Barb, the owner of Keepsakes has a way with colors. She's an artist. We call her talent the Barbara Blessing. I took my flosses to Barb and she helped me pick a 32 count linen that goes well with the premium silks. It has the Barbara Blessing. It's HD Brown, 32 count, from Fabric Flair, a one sided linen. (the other side is white like that batting showing in the background)
Here's the pattern, linen and flosses. I almost want to stitch it again.
A floss tag I made too.
Next Friday sounds like a good pick day. I MUST be able to contact you. Takes the fun out of a giveaway when someone wins and can't be contacted. Tell your friends and Happy Stitching.
Marsha
200! I've had something to say 200 times in the public domain?! That's bizarre to think about. Let's celebrate this particular blog's 200th posting with a giveaway. But first let's look at John Foster in a big way and a small way.
Our LNS, Keepsakes, offered a discount on framing if she could have a display of our John Fosters in her shop. What a deal. Good for her and good for us. All of these are framed differently to the stitcher's taste.
This one belongs to Patti. Patti goes to lots of stitch retreats and I'm sure many of you know her.
I know this one is Christie's, Indigo Rain blogger. Look how she changed the border from the light lavender color to gold. The dovecotes are different too. They gave everyone fits. I love the gold fillet around the inside edge of the frame.
This one is mine. This shows my true linen color the best of all the photos.
The bee skep is what drew me to the sampler. I love bees and samplers with bees and skeps.
The little dogs are cute too. One of the stitchers changed her dogs to cats because she likes cats and has cats.
Have always loved a good house in a sampler too.
A close up of the frame. I chose the frame because it looks old to go with the faded old look of my version of the sampler.
I know, I know. What am I giving away? Well, I first bought the premium silks from HDF for John Foster. That sounds good doesn't it? Premium. They are good, but they don't work on 36 count linen. They are meant to be used single stranded on 28 to 32 count linen. Poop. So, I reordered the correct silk. My loss is your gain.
Barb, the owner of Keepsakes has a way with colors. She's an artist. We call her talent the Barbara Blessing. I took my flosses to Barb and she helped me pick a 32 count linen that goes well with the premium silks. It has the Barbara Blessing. It's HD Brown, 32 count, from Fabric Flair, a one sided linen. (the other side is white like that batting showing in the background)
Here's the pattern, linen and flosses. I almost want to stitch it again.
A floss tag I made too.
So, here's the giveaway. Gorgeous premium silk flosses, the pattern - gently used, Barbara Blessed 32 count linen and a cute floss tag.
Next Friday sounds like a good pick day. I MUST be able to contact you. Takes the fun out of a giveaway when someone wins and can't be contacted. Tell your friends and Happy Stitching.
Marsha
26 comments:
Congratulations reaching your 200 post. A lovely mile stone.Please put me in for your give away as I would love to stitch `John Foster` sampler. The framed samplers are so beautiful.Happy stitching on your next project.
I loved seeing everyone's finishes. They are all wonderful but also a little different from each other.
I have never stitched with the premium floss and would love a chance to try it. Please include me in the giveaway draw. Congrats on your 200 posts!
Wow Marsha! It is so wonderful to see these samplers all together. The frames are wonderful on each one.
There is so much that goes into each persons stitching of a sampler, the material choices, the relationship with the motifs and what was going on in your life while you worked the sampler, the choice of frame and placement in your home..they are treasures.
Congratulations on your 200th post and thanks for the chance to win this kit!
Have a great week.
What beautiful samplers! And you are so generous to offer your giveaway. Please include my name in the drawing. Many thanks for the opportunity. (kcarr@schwabe.com)
Wow, 200 posts! That is amazing! Love this sampler and I always find it so interesting to see the changes everyone makes when it a piece is worked by a group. I have never worked with the Fabric Flair linen or HDF premium silks. I would love the chance to try them both so please throw my name in the pot for the giveaway!! Laura
All the samplers are beautiful! Each one unique in its own way.
Thank you for the generous giveaway! I would love to enter for a chance. The HDF silks look beautiful.
Pam
ok - I can hear Shelley Fabares singing Johnny Angel as I type this - LOL! What beautiful samplers! Each one a reflection of their maker - so pretty. I'd love to be in the giveaway. As much as I've stitched I've never tried silk... maybe it is time. Thanks!
Simply beautiful samplers. I would love to stitch this one and the silks would be lovely.
Thank you,
Phyllis
I loved seeing all the John Fosters!!! I stitched that one several years ago so I won't be in your very generous drawing! I love the look of the linen you choose! It is very different from mine and I think it is just perfect for the sampler.
OMG.. I love this and would love the opportunity to stitch. How can you resist with all of those lovely finishes. Please include me in the giveaway
Love all the John Fosters -- wow! And OMG! What a giveaway! Thank you -- please count me in. :D
Love all of the samplers. What a wonderful giveaway! Please include me in the drawing.
Thanks,
Karen F
Beautiful samplers and what gorgeous colours. If you're happy to include a UK stitcher I'd love to be in your draw, it will be a first for me to stitch, the design is gorgeous. This is my blog http://aimetu-clare.blogspot.co.uk
When I see all these beautiful samplers on all the blogs I follow, I really is getting into me... I'm slowly falling for them!! :) This one is just a beauty and the silk threads sound really exciting!! Please kindly count me in & thank you for giving the chance to win this extremely generous prize.
What a beautiful collection of framed John Fosters. They all look different but pretty! Congratulations on your 200th blog, Marsha!
What a generous and gorgeous giveaway, please include me in the draw. I simply love the colours of the silks.
Wilma Rutten
w.m.c.j.rutten@ uvt.nl
I love all the samplers. How funny but I often wonder if these people are looking down to see what has become of their stitching and other crafting efforts as well.
Love the John Fosters ... thanks for sharing them all! Please do include me for a chance to win your very generous giveaway!
What an incredibly generous giveaway!
I would love to be entered in it!
Love all the John Fosters! I have this pattern in my stash. I was drawn to it because of the beehive too. My DH keeps bees!
The samplers are simply gorgeous. Thank you for being so generous with your giveaway - the pattern and silks are so pretty. I would love to be entered.
Congrats to you on reaching 200 .
Such a beautiful give away , I would love to be entered , so generous. XXX
I love the samplers. Such subtle differences. I would love to be included in your giveaway. I love the colors so much!
Thank you for the chance to win.
Kathy
The samplers are just so wonderful. I love the thought that somewhere these guys are loving the fact they are remembered. These samplers are their footprints which they left for us to remember them by. A lovely way to look at it.
You are very generous, these are beautiful colors. I love samplers and have not stitched one in years. I also love beehives and bees. Please add me to your list. All those samplers made an exquisite display!
Http://www.omastitching.blogspot.com
Such beautiful stitching and fun to share with others at the shop. I am sure it will inspire some moe to stitch John. I would love to win such a fun stitch. Thanks for your generous heart.
Pjstitcher in Iowa
Pjstitcher @ mchsi.com
Marsha... They all look so beautiful Please add me to this giveaway... I have wanted to do this soooo bad! Thank you for thinking of this giveaway for us!
Who can resist such a generous offer? I have just discovered
Fabric Flair and would love to
experiment with the premium silk.
Please include me in your drawing.
Those samplers are so lovely and
the "Johnny Angel" looks like a
sweet challenge.
Gentility
Post a Comment