Well, that was a wonderful blog party. I got to visit and meet lots of new blogs and blogging friends. Thanks to Vicki at Two Bags Full who hosted the party and had everything neatly organized. She will leave up this year's blog party list and I urge you to go take a look if you would like to find a blog with your interests. Also, if you have a blog, join in next year because it really does help everyone out with visits to their blogs and yours.
The winner of the Giveaway.......Lisa Dunn of Wyrd Needles. Send me an email Lisa, I want to send your Margaret Cottam charts and floss tag.
Speaking of Margaret Cottam, I picked her up from the framers. Here she is.
With the new year I started two SAL's. A couple of my stitching buddies and I decided we really loved Speak to the Earth by Sandy Orton available at Kooler Design. We picked our own linen and the threads we wanted to use. I'm using the same linen I used for John Foster 36 count antique ivory with DMC one thread over two. It's a fun stitch with pretty colors. I can't wait to see it grow.

I joined a FB SAL His Eye is on the Sparrow. Way way behind, but that wasn't my point in starting it. I just want to eventually finish it and enjoy the stitch along the way. I just love all the animals. Slowly but surely, it will grow too. I am stitching this on 40 count Dubloon with the overdyed threads called for. Margaret of Days of a Sampler Lover was a big inspiration for this one. It was awesome to see it grow and grow in her capable hands. It is a big sampler by Heartstring Samplery.
I had the last issue of Sampler and Antique Needlework but didn't have a chance to look at it for quite a while. So, I did. OOOOO I'm in trouble now. The Collared Stag. Love it. Another biggie. 32 count natural linen. Madeira threads. Hmmm, for sure didn't have those. Tracked them down, got them in and started in a big way. Now it has to take it's turn while I finish Speak to the Earth's February assignment.
I do have another 'sort of'' finish to show but I'll share that another time. Go check out some more blogs. I know I'm going to.
Happy Stitching!
Marsha
The winner of the Giveaway.......Lisa Dunn of Wyrd Needles. Send me an email Lisa, I want to send your Margaret Cottam charts and floss tag.
Speaking of Margaret Cottam, I picked her up from the framers. Here she is.
With the new year I started two SAL's. A couple of my stitching buddies and I decided we really loved Speak to the Earth by Sandy Orton available at Kooler Design. We picked our own linen and the threads we wanted to use. I'm using the same linen I used for John Foster 36 count antique ivory with DMC one thread over two. It's a fun stitch with pretty colors. I can't wait to see it grow.
I joined a FB SAL His Eye is on the Sparrow. Way way behind, but that wasn't my point in starting it. I just want to eventually finish it and enjoy the stitch along the way. I just love all the animals. Slowly but surely, it will grow too. I am stitching this on 40 count Dubloon with the overdyed threads called for. Margaret of Days of a Sampler Lover was a big inspiration for this one. It was awesome to see it grow and grow in her capable hands. It is a big sampler by Heartstring Samplery.
I had the last issue of Sampler and Antique Needlework but didn't have a chance to look at it for quite a while. So, I did. OOOOO I'm in trouble now. The Collared Stag. Love it. Another biggie. 32 count natural linen. Madeira threads. Hmmm, for sure didn't have those. Tracked them down, got them in and started in a big way. Now it has to take it's turn while I finish Speak to the Earth's February assignment.
I do have another 'sort of'' finish to show but I'll share that another time. Go check out some more blogs. I know I'm going to.
Happy Stitching!
Marsha

12 comments:
Margaret Cottam Looks great in that frame.
Great new starts also.
Marilyn
Beautiful finish of MC! Glad to see I'm not the only one constantly being drawn in to the big and beautiful sampler start. Now to live long enough to finish them all!! Laura
Margaret looks fabulous in her frame. You have some great new starts. Looking forward to seeing them grow with your needle and thread.
Robin in Virginia
Plenty on the go, all beautiful.
Your MC is lovely. It was a special piece for me too. My husbands family lived in Clitheroe. I'll look forward to your Eye on the Sparrow. I just got the chart and need some encouragement LOL
Oh my goodness -- so much eye candy! I'm loving how Margaret Cottam looks framed -- I wish my framer were as speedy as yours is! Love your Kooler Design start -- I'm in love with that piece too. You're stitching the whole thing over one??? You are stirring the embers of my stitching mojo methinks! Glad to be of service on His Eye! Mine is at the framer. Sigh. I hope I see it in the next couple of months. i have to say I passed up on that SANQ sampler -- but it really is pretty! Love your start on it!
That is a great frame for Margaret Cottam. You have so many very pretty WIPS!
Terrific finish! Your stitching is lovely. I like the bold colors in your current projects. And I have to agree with you the Stag piece is yummy. You are off to a great start!
What a great job. It's a beauty!
Wow - so pretty.
Those are come great comments. Now I'm going to have to search for a copy of the magazine. Enabler! :)
I'm so thrilled to be the winner! Thank you! Thank you!
I love your piece. It is beautiful!
Post a Comment