Sunday, September 7, 2008

Corn Festival












Today, Rich and I went to Wilmington, Ohio's Corn Festival. The food is really good so Weight Watchers is not going to go so well this week. Pulled pork sandwiches, fresh made french fries, apple dumplings with ice cream, sweet tea - oh my! They have a animal petting area for the little kids but I always have to visit and pet the pony, piglets, baby ducks, goats, calf and bunnies. One barn is filled with antique dealers, one with crafts and one with flea market items. Then there's the building with a quilt show. Today I got to see quilts layered off of a bed while each was explained. Very nice. My favorite quilt was an applique quilt of chickens.
We ended the afternoon watching the tractor parade. There are tractors winning tractor pulls that are older than I am.

















We said goodbye to Adam and Lauren on Thursday. It was sad to see them go but we're still happy for them. They spent Friday night at my sister's house in Denver so, they were making very good time.







2 comments:

chook said...

Oh Marsha I love my bag big hugs Beth

Scottish Nanna said...

Marsha My daughter Beth is Just over the moon with the bag you sent her It is gorgeous you have done a good job.
Hugs Mary.