Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow bound

Clark is loving our winter storm weather. We started with 4 inches of snow yesterday. That tapered into freezing rain, sleet, rain and then back into snow with another 6 inches. It is beautiful. I'm so glad I'm done working at the hospital for the week. Otherwise I would HAVE to go. I felt sorry for my co-workers last night. They finished work at 11:00 then had to scrape an inch or two of ice off their cars before they could drive home in unsafe conditions.
I started a couple of new cross stitch pieces this week. From Sea to Shining Sea. My son lives in California, my sister and her husband and family live in Colorado, we live in Ohio, my parents and Rich's family live in Pennsylvania and my brother and his family live in Massachusetts. This is the perfect piece to represent our family.
I also started a piece for my niece's birthday. Here is what I have done so far. I'm using Vicki Clayton HDF silks which are wonderful on a cream colored even weave. The colors are not showing up well.

I was surprised Clark liked the snow as much as he did. He spent an hour sitting on the sun room steps watching it snow, watching the birds at the feeder and bird bath (I ran out of black oil sunflower seeds and feel really guilty).


Marsha

2 comments:

mainely stitching said...

Love your latest start, and those snow pictures are great!

Anonymous said...

We've barely gotten any snow, and I don't want any now! ;) It's snowing a little tonite - hopefully just a little. Pretty new start!