Friday, March 12, 2010

So, I finally found the camera box that contained the program disc for my camera. That only took two days of searching the entire house! I need to continue spring cleaning that's for sure. After deleting the broken program and then reloading it, I was able to download my pictures. So, this is what I've been sewing and stitching.

I had made a Christmas apron for a friend at work in December. When I brought it in for her, another co-worker decided she would really like an apron too. I took her to a quilt shop and let her pick the fabric she wanted. She supplied buttons from her grandmother and here is her completed apron. A very easy McCalls pattern. When I made it for my daughter, it had a flounce on the bottom. It was cute but we decided that would be too fussy and left it off. Which made it that much easier and faster to sew up. Doesn't look so hot on top of a camo scrub top, but you get the idea.














This will be my next sewing project. I bought this last year in Pittsburgh at the The Quilt Company. A great quilt store. I promised my Mom I would make it for her but she couldn't ask me when it was going to be done. At that time, I had a list of projects to do by the end of the year. Her fabric choices are the two on the right, mine are the two on the left. So Eastery and springy. We'll see if I can get them both done in four hours. That would be wonderful.




Towards the end of my soap-making business, I started sewing again and sold Wonder Wallets. They didn't sell well but I had already bought a bunch of fat quarters and cut them out. A BUNCH. This winter I decided I should start sewing them up. I've sewn about half of them and here they are. Each fat quarter makes two. The rest will wait for next winter or so when I get the urge again. They sew up fairly quickly.


Here is the outside of a Wonder Wallet. I like to finish them with old buttons. I have quite a collection of buttons given to me by my grandmother, mother-in-law, a friend from work - her grandma, and some from antique shows. I love buttons. My grandson likes to take button showers by dumping them over his head.


Here is the inside of the Wonder Wallet. The top inside pocket is sewn in from each side to make a coin pocket where I slide in a shiny penny for good luck.



On another topic: My secret stitcher has sent me some wonderful things already. She knows I just love BBD patterns. I like the little mitten pattern with WDW Lancaster Red thread - a gorgeous color.



I completed Love Letters last week. I love the colors in this one. It was a very easy stitch. I will have it framed in time for our 34th anniversary on May 1st.



That's what I've been up to, how about you?

Marsha

4 comments:

Tammy said...

You have been busy Marsha!
Love what you have been stitching and I know you will totally enjoy that Tulip Purse, GREAT fabric choices!
Happy weekend!

Brigitte said...

I love the apron you made. And I particularly love the Tulip Purse that you will make for your mother. Wonderful fabric choices. Can't wait to see the rsult here on your blog.
Enjoy the new BBD pattern. And xongratulations on finishing Love Letters.

Heidi said...

Hi Marsha! Love your apron and the wallets. How nice of you to make one for some of the ladies you work with. The purse is adorable and the fabrics for it too. I cannot wait to see it finished.

We are doing Secret Sisters starting our next quilt evening. They will send cards and give a Christmas in July gift finally coming to a climax on our Christmas party evening with a handmade gift and revealing who you are.

Love your love letters.

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi

Solstitches said...

What a lovely post Marsha.
I love aprons and i like the one you made very much.
I just bought that pattern for the Two Hour Tulip Purse and am looking forward to making one.
I have the WW pattern too but have never made one. My quilt group is having a fundraiser in November so maybe I will do some then.
Lovely x stitch finish too.
Margaret