Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Happy Easter!

I thought I should show some Easter decorating before Easter is over! I made this Mama bunny a long time ago. She's so cute with her baby bunnies in her pockets. She sits on top of a jar so she doesn't have a real body. I found the table runner in a thrift store. It has huck weaving on both ends and cost about a $1. What a find.

I used to paint wood and took quite a few classes. This was one of my first projects.


I have a shelf in my kitchen that has a drawer on the bottom with 3 handles. During the year I hang a small pillow on each handle. On the left is the previous month, in the middle is a house (that stays up year round) and on the right is the current month. I love these little hangings and stitched them years ago. I've been thinking of stitching a new set to hang two pillows of the same month but didn't see anything I really liked until Little House Needleworks came out with their new series. So, I set the pre-order in motion and instead of starting with January I started with March. I might have it done in a couple of days. This picture is behind since I've stitched the word March, the small flowers on top and the first inside border. I used the same fabric, Davosa in 18ct, in a similar color to the first set. Stitched over one. The kits come with Crescent Colors Threads and they are a joy to work with. It hardly ever knots. Oh, and Linda, at our guild's last stitch-in gave me a needle to try. Bohin brand from France. The eye is a little smaller but what a joy to stitch with. They slide right through those threads on the back. I very heartily recommend them. You can find them here Crewel Jewels along with other cool things. (I already put a birthday order in to my DH)









Here is March from the first set I stitched by Prairie Schooler. They hung in a local shop for years on a peg tree and then I begged for them back when the shop closed. Someone had stolen the Santa Claus for December (can you believe people?) and I restitched him.


In keeping with my Easter theme, here is a piece stitched by a newcomer to our Queen City Sampler Guild . She had lots of other stitchy pieces to show and they were all beautiful. I hope she will join our guild.


Look what my secret stitcher sent to me! I don't have time to stitch it this year but, hopefully I can get to it for next year. I love the hazy blue linen and look how the thread is almost corded, it has such a cool look.



Have a Happy Easter and/or a wonderful spring fling!

Marsha

2 comments:

Brigitte said...

You're a lucky girl. The little package you got from your secret stitcher contains some lovely things. Enjoy them.
I love your Easter decoration. Happy Easter to you, too.

Siobhán said...

Marsha, lovely stitching!

I just got your comment on my blog and I am heart broken for you. I love my Duffy as you loved your Clark, and I can only imagine the pain that you are in. You are all in my thoughts and prayers. I know it must hurt so much now, but I hope that you can take solace in the knowledge that Clark was so loved and treated so well. Big hugs. (((((((((((Marsha)))))))))