Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Tulip Purses

Ta Da! Here they are. The Two-Hour Tulip Purses. I am really happy with the end result. I had a couple fits and starts with them with a shout out to Treadleworks by Tammy and the designer herself, Janice Pope. Both helped me out and I got 'em done.

This one is mine. The colors are just a little more vibrant than they are showing here. I used the large pattern version which the designer, Janice Pope, describes as volleyball size. I also used flap 'B' with a magnet closure. One side of the magnet (female side) is on the outside pocket which is under the flap. She has you place the divided pocket on the inside of the front. I chose to put the inside pocket on the backside to help balance the purse.


This is the lining which is the same print as the outside of my Mom's.

This is my Mom's purse. It's nice and springy. Evan, my grandson, helped pick out the button. He was pretty emphatic - "The black one Mawma" (even though it's brown).



Here is the lining on my Mom's purse. I liked her lining a lot. She chose a simple print. I made her a divided pocket for the inside too. The pattern does not say to sew it to the lining to divide it in half but I did for both of them to help contain items.

They take more than 2 hours, but that's ok. I think another one in a smaller size I could now knock out in 2 hours - maybe. Hope you like them.

Marsha

7 comments:

Daisy Jayne said...

Wow - love it and the colours are great ....I will have to get that pattern

Siobhán said...

Marsha, they look great! Love the fabrics that you used.

Tammy said...

Marsha they look FANTASTIC!!!
Well done!
Love the fabric choices too

Solstitches said...

Like them? I LOVE them and, happily, I have this pattern although I haven't tried it yet.
I don't think I could do one in two hours though.
Lovely fabrics and great job on the sewing.
Congrats. on your wedding anniversary. I love the x stitch piece you just finished and your blog header is lovely also.
Margaret

Brigitte said...

Oh Marsha, these bags are fantastic. As they are so fast to finish, this pattern is definitely one for me. Could you, please, tell me where I can buy it?

Valda said...

I love it! Where can I get the pattern??

Theresa said...

oh wow I love these, what a great design.