Thursday, August 26, 2010

Queen City Sampler Guild's 15th Anniversary

The Queen City Sampler Guild recently celebrated their 15th year in existence. We had a nice party with a buffet lunch, favors and a raffle. Stitched pieces were brought in to share. I took pictures of a few of them for you to enjoy.

One of our guild members is programs chair for another guild and designed all these smalls to fit in the basket of the second picture. Aren't they fabulous. I believe she said she has one or two more designs then she's DONE. What a lucky guild they are.



Here is a Betsy Morgan smalls set from 'Inspirations' magazine. Betsy taught a 'Toy chest etui' class for us. She is a really good teacher.







This next piece was designed by Catherine Theron as the guild's 15th anniversary piece. It is gorgeous and done in all specialty stitches. Quite a few members signed up to take the class. It will be nice to see their samplers come alive.

























As you can see, our members are a very talented group of stitchers. This is a very small sampling of what they stitch. We meet to stitch together once a month in the morning and once a month in the evening. It is fun to walk around the room each month and see what everyone is working on at the moment. I am so glad I joined the QCSG. They are fun to be with and an inspiration.

Marsha

2 comments:

Brigitte said...

OH, so many wonderful pieces. These ladies are really very talented. I also loved the pictures with all the beautiful smalls. Gorgeous!

Siobhán said...

What a neat display of eye candy! That must be so fun to be able to meet with other talented ladies.