Sunday, August 1, 2010

So, DH went off to PA for his annual men's party and visiting his family. I stayed home and got to sew and stitch pretty much to my heart's content. bliss. I did throw in chores such as gardening and picked a bouquet of flowers.

Miss Cleo kept me company. I call her Princess Me Me 'cause she's like a two year old following me around meowing at me, especially when I'm on the phone - just like a toddler.


When I went to the Creative Festival in June, one of the booths had tons of Indygo Junction patterns. The ladies working in the booth were wearing items made from the patterns and I fell in love with this apron pattern (and others too). I had material for an apron in my stash and decided this was the pattern for it. The fabric is in my favorite color with a favorite motif - bees. I had fun sewing this up and can't wait to wear it.




I sewed a couple of tank tops this summer and the pattern called for bias tape. I used the packaged stuff and wasn't thrilled with the feel of it. So, while at the Festival, I picked up two bias tape makers 1/4" and 1/2". This pattern called for bias tape too so I gave it a whirl. Wow, it was so easy and cool to use. Like magic!



Here's the front.

This is the back.





A close up of the bees.



I heart my new apron.


Marsha

8 comments:

Deborah said...

There is truly nothing better than afew days of total aloneness to do exactly what you what. The apron turned out beautiful.

mainely stitching said...

I heart your new apron, too! I need to make or buy one for myself. Can't keep blaming my dirty shirts on the kids. ;)

Brigitte said...

I love it, Marsha. Great fabric you used.

Barb said...

Oh Marsh that apron is lovely ,the colour and the fabric simply yummy.
Me me is so cute too.

Tammy said...

I love the new apron Marsha! Well done!

Heidi said...

I love your new apron too Marsha! How sweet the bees are. :-) I also adore that bouquet which I assume are all flowers from your garden? I love simple bouquets from the garden but mine is tiny and I dare not pick too much. Now are Cranberry Cottage, I can pick more.

Miss Cleo is just so beautiful. She and Dagi must be cut of the same cloth. He meows before I even get a chance to say hello and people think we have a baby in the house...lol. Then he keeps 'talking' while we are on the phone. My mother calls him The King as he rules this roost.

Sorry your package is not out in the mail yet. I do promise to get it to you this week. Have had some bad FM attacks last week and today.

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi

Sue said...

I heart your new apron, too! Love the material! I've never tried a bias tape maker; I'd like to give it a try.

BigMouseWorld said...

Thank yyou for this