Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Vacation

We had a wonderful vacation on Fripp Island in South Carolina. It's been a hot summer and South Carolina was even hotter. Thank goodness for the beach and ocean breezes and air conditioning. My middle son flew in from California and drove with my DH and I. My oldest son drove with my daughter, her husband and our grandson. Fripp Island has lots to offer with golf (which none of us do), 3 pools, a marina with boats and fishing tackle to rent, and of course the beach. It was a great vacation.

Here is the street we lived on for a week, Bonita Road.


We spent an afternoon on Hunting Island which is one island over from Fripp Island. We visited the Hunting Island museum and lighthouse.

This is a display at Gay's Seafood store. Isn't it wacky? It has skeletons, skulls, alligator, roses? Their place was featured in Forrest Gump.


Blue Crab. What a delight. There was much crabbing done on our vacation. I missed the first couple outings so, Adam and I went together one afternoon. It was good to visit one on one with my middle child who lives in California. The thing about crabbing is picking them when they are cooked but mmmm it's worth it.


Here's Evan enjoying the boat ride but not so much the hot, uncomfortable life vest. I'm sure he had a great vacation with grandparents, parents and two uncles for companions.
The last catch of the day, a flounder, which was too small to keep - darn. The boat ride was great - thanks Joe.


I'll have some stitchy photos next time.

Marsha

4 comments:

Denise said...

Looks like you had fun! Of course, anytime there is a beach and good seafood is a great time.

Smiles - Denise

mainely stitching said...

Oh what a lovely vacation! I love that crab photo. I think crab is WAY better than lobster, but up here in Maine, I'm in a minority. ;)

Brigitte said...

Looks like a great vacation at a great place..

Heidi said...

What a beautiful place. Evan looks like he is having a super great time!
I am glad you had a nice vacation.

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi