Monday, April 25, 2011

A Day Late

I know, I know.  Easter was Yesterday!

I made these bunnies years ago out of clothespins.  I believe the pattern was probably in 'Family Circle' or 'Women's Day'.  I used to pick those magazines up at the supermarket checkout counter all the time when the children were small.  They were easy to read in quick spurts when I had a moment and their craft ideas were usually cute and pretty easy.

Every member of the family had a bunny to sit on the edge of their basket.  Dana's was pink and mine was purple and then the boys were mixed up.  I don't know that the boys really liked them but they made me happy sitting there all cute.




I've had these made for years.  Prairie Schooler Year.  They used to hang in a LNS for quite a few years.  When that shop went out of business, they were kind enough to let me have them back.  This one is the month of April.  I used 18 ct. Davos over one with DMC.


My friend Patti had completed this SB scissor fob and I thought it was adorable.  Right before we got Buddy I decided to stitch it up.  It went pretty quick and was a fun stitch kit.  Be the first, by comment, to let me know you'd like the left over chart and I'll mail it to you. 




And here's the reason I'm late getting this blogged (besides working all weekend):


Yep, Buddy's keeping me pretty busy and very little stitching is going on but it's all good.

Marsha

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh Marsha, Buddy is just too cute! Love your sweet finishes too!

woolwoman said...

all your bunnies are so cute and that buddy - he is precious! but I bet he is quite the little imp at this age. Enjoy! Melody

Anonymous said...

Hi Marsha
If the chart isn't already spoken for, i wouldn't mind looking at it.

The puppy is soooo cute! Love the PS bunny too.

Martha

Anonymous said...

Following up on my prior post- to clarify-i would like to take a quick peek before you pass it along to someone else. I don't get how the trim is attached and can't tell if there are specialty stitches. Just doing a little bit of research for another project.

Thanks :-)

Martha

Heidi said...

You just have the cutest little man in your life now! How could anyone resist that face??? Love the bunnies and the stitching. Good that you got the PS bunny back from your local shop when it closed.

Hope you enjoyed your Easter weekend and this one too!

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi

Siobhán said...

Awww, Buddy is so sweet! There is a woman who lives nearby who is always out walking her Blenheim pup. I think she probably is on the lookout for our red car because we always stop and coo over the dog as we slowly drive by. She probably is thinking about restraining orders...

Love the bunnies, and the finishes!

Tammy said...

Just LOVE those bunnies!
The stitching is gorgeous and Buddy is just adorable!! I wish you all the best with him.