This past Wednesday night was the Queen City Sampler Guild's third Wednesday of the month stitch-in. There's also a stitch-in the second Monday of every month (except Dec.). LP The Inspired Stitcher, CM of Indigo Rain, and I were, of course, foolin' around. See SB behind LP, who has the camera? You'll see some of her amazing work in a moment. Anyway, we were going to call our posts Pete and Repeat because we both took similar pictures.
Here are a bunch of stockings that LK has stitched up. Aren't they cool. She's an amazing stitcher also and has stitched many of the models at our LNS. She's a fun person too but DOES NOT WANT ANY PICTURES OF HER ON THE COMPUTER! We love you anyway LK.
LP stitched this up at a recent stitch-away that she went to in Russelville, KY. You'll have to visit her blog, The Inspired Stitcher to read all about it.
PA is another stitcher extroidinaire. We have a lot of them in the guild. I consisder myself mediocre compare to these ladies. Anyway, PA has been to Celebrations in Nashua, NH many times. She brings back many cool projects. This is one of her more recent finishes. Love the colors and her finishing is always great too.
MW is another friend at the guild. She's been working on this for not that long but she's glad it's done. It's all over one. Click on the picture to see it in detail. MW knits quite a lot also and makes fabulous knitted scarves etc. I saw her latest WIP Saturday at a Tiara all day stitch in. That was fun too.
OK, remember I told you to see SB behind LP? This is her work. It's an anniversary piece that Catherine Theron designed for our guild last year. All specialty stitches - no cross stitch. I didn't want to take too many close ups for the designer's sake. It's beautiful and intricate.
Have you tried Groupons yet. I signed up and got a great one for Swatches. $40 for $80 worth of goods. Swatches is like Calico Corners and is all decorator fabric. I knew I'd find something I had to have. The fabric in the middle was a remnant. It's textural and I took a close up so you could see. The other 3 fabrics I got at the Loveland Quilt Studio. Both places can make one swoon. The fabrics are delish.
I am going to make this bag and this fabric is perfect for it. Don't be looking for that post for a while yet. That's the large size and I'm not a giant purse person. It's gives directions for small, medium and large. I picked the medium size. Wish me luck!
Here's the close up so you can see the specialness. Makes me happy. Looks like a good fall type bag.
Marsha
3 comments:
We sure did have fun last Wednesday night. Nothing like a night out with the peeps!
I wanted to let you now I've given you the Stylish Blogger award too.
What great pictures! It must be like a feast of eye candy everytime you go. Thanks for sharing some of it with us!
Missed you guys! Sniffle..
The fabrics are very cool and I can't wait to see your purse!
The finishes are really neat too! SB is a wiz - I can not believe how quickly ans perfectly she stitches!
So.... what did you work on?
Post a Comment