My DH had a work conference in Scottsdale, Arizona. I look forward to this trip for months. Warm weather. Pool time. Sunshine. Yeah, not so much this year. Our first full day was rainy and COLD. 42 degrees cold. I am so glad I threw a fleece into my suitcase at the last minute. Here's the view from our room as one of the storms blew through. This storm system dumped 2 - 4 feet of snow in the mountains. I rethought my vacation days and ended up having a great relaxing time off.
My favorite store is closed on Mondays so I made do with a trip to the Desert Botanical Gardens. I am so glad I went and explored for the day. The desert is blooming.
A butterfly show was going on so I had to visit. Not many were fluttering because of the wind, rain and cold but I got some good photos.
Love the stark white on deep purple.
Dale Chihuly had a glass show a few years ago at the botanical gardens and gifted them with these 3 glass towers. If you ever get a chance to see one of his shows, go. These are at the entrance to the gardens.
This is called a pink fairy duster. It was one of my favorites. Love the name.
Love that contrast sharp sharp needles soft pretty flower.
This mountain intrigued me. The picture doesn't do it justice. Big and red with lots of rounded cave-like indentations. So cool.
Sunday, the day before, while the storms came through I amused myself for hours at a HUGE quilt store Quiltz. I thought I was done going through one part and it would open up in another whole store front. I behaved and kept my buys mainly to fat quarters. The sale of the month (March) was 15% off any fabric with green. Didn't matter how small an amount of green - it counted!
I love purses and have made a few so, this is next on the list. Pretty fabrics.
Tuesday arrived. Got my rental car keys with never-lost fired up and drove to....
The Nashville Market items had a room all to themselves. I apologize for no inside pics but I wanted to do serious shopping with no hindrances. And I did. Three hours worth. It was heaven.
JBW makes the most delightful patterns and once I saw this, had to have it. Love bags.
I had a small list that I thought I wanted to purchase. Rethought the whole process, and got something all together different. Butterflies, birds and flowers. And luscious colors. Chantilly Cream linen. Can't wait to stitch.
A few of the colors were out of stock so the very helpful staff helped me pick substitutions.
Attic Addicts receive a special every month. March's special was 15% off Belle Soie silks. Made the easy decision to join and almost made my $$ back. Embarrassing. Not really. It's a wonderful trip and next year the conference is in Florida not AZ. Not sure I'll ever get a chance to come back.
I saw this on The Scarlett House blog and had a so so feeling about it. Seeing it stitched in person was a no brainer. Must be the turquoise. The linen is vintage exampler.
I've been wanting to try a good hardwood hoop instead of a q-snap. I did start to wrap the inner hoop with the twill but realized I did not have the correct needle and thread to finish it off. I tried it briefly and it is so easy to hold and lightweight. I think I am going to like it.
Next time I will show you what I got accomplished stitch-wise in the evenings while I was on vacation. Haven't had time to stitch since then and I'm itching to get going again.
Marsha
My favorite store is closed on Mondays so I made do with a trip to the Desert Botanical Gardens. I am so glad I went and explored for the day. The desert is blooming.
A butterfly show was going on so I had to visit. Not many were fluttering because of the wind, rain and cold but I got some good photos.
Love the stark white on deep purple.
Dale Chihuly had a glass show a few years ago at the botanical gardens and gifted them with these 3 glass towers. If you ever get a chance to see one of his shows, go. These are at the entrance to the gardens.
This is called a pink fairy duster. It was one of my favorites. Love the name.
Love that contrast sharp sharp needles soft pretty flower.
This mountain intrigued me. The picture doesn't do it justice. Big and red with lots of rounded cave-like indentations. So cool.
Sunday, the day before, while the storms came through I amused myself for hours at a HUGE quilt store Quiltz. I thought I was done going through one part and it would open up in another whole store front. I behaved and kept my buys mainly to fat quarters. The sale of the month (March) was 15% off any fabric with green. Didn't matter how small an amount of green - it counted!
I love purses and have made a few so, this is next on the list. Pretty fabrics.
Tuesday arrived. Got my rental car keys with never-lost fired up and drove to....
The Nashville Market items had a room all to themselves. I apologize for no inside pics but I wanted to do serious shopping with no hindrances. And I did. Three hours worth. It was heaven.
JBW makes the most delightful patterns and once I saw this, had to have it. Love bags.
I had a small list that I thought I wanted to purchase. Rethought the whole process, and got something all together different. Butterflies, birds and flowers. And luscious colors. Chantilly Cream linen. Can't wait to stitch.
A few of the colors were out of stock so the very helpful staff helped me pick substitutions.
Attic Addicts receive a special every month. March's special was 15% off Belle Soie silks. Made the easy decision to join and almost made my $$ back. Embarrassing. Not really. It's a wonderful trip and next year the conference is in Florida not AZ. Not sure I'll ever get a chance to come back.
I saw this on The Scarlett House blog and had a so so feeling about it. Seeing it stitched in person was a no brainer. Must be the turquoise. The linen is vintage exampler.
I've been wanting to try a good hardwood hoop instead of a q-snap. I did start to wrap the inner hoop with the twill but realized I did not have the correct needle and thread to finish it off. I tried it briefly and it is so easy to hold and lightweight. I think I am going to like it.
Next time I will show you what I got accomplished stitch-wise in the evenings while I was on vacation. Haven't had time to stitch since then and I'm itching to get going again.
Marsha
7 comments:
I am so jealous at you!! To visit The Attic in person! I wish i could do that to!
Greetings from Debby
I'm glad you had a good time in spite of the crummy weather. Love all the new stash additions!
Oh Marsha! You take lovely photos. I like that name "pink fairy duster". I've not seen that flower before - pretty. And my heart went pitter patter over your new purchases. I've read about Attic needlework, but you got to go there - my dream.. I joined your blog to follow. you certainly stitch beautifully.
Oh, goodness, I LOVE all your goodies!
I agree with the earlier comment that you take some GREAT photos!! Too bad your warm AZ weather wasn't so warm, but how wonderful that you re-thought the vacation and had a great time anyway. Wonderful new stitching goodies!
i didn't realize those were glass sculptures...he is an amazing artist. love your photos and fabric you purchased.
I have seen things about Attic Needlworks and it must have been a real treat to go there.
I am a wooden hoop gal myself and love the feel of them so much more. I never did get into Qsnaps.
The gardens look beautiful. My nieces live in AZ. Their mother lived there and I remember how pretty the desert can bloom from when I visited my sister.
Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi
Post a Comment