I was very happy to be able to go to the International Quilt Festival all day on Friday. From opening to closing with a short break for lunch I was able to browse over 350 vendor booths and 22 separate quilt exhibits. WOW. I went with two friends who are quilters, and we had a good time enjoying everything. We did a good job but missed seeing a couple of quilt exhibits. It's huge. I took lots of pictures and a couple I shouldn't have so I won't post those. I will do this in a couple of posts since it is picture heavy. You're subject to what I liked in the exhibits. There were hundreds more to see. Get a snack a drink.
These are from the Hoffman Challenge. I believe Hoffman offers a certain fabric/s and the quilter must use it in a quilt. I am in awe of quilters. They truly are fabric artists. Let the show begin.
This is the Greater Cincinnati Landmarks Quilt Project.
The middle block is our Fountain Square.
I believe this next one is from the exhibit: In Full Bloom 2011: Floral Quilts in Memory of Helen Pearce O'Bryant.
That's all for today.
Marsha
These are from the Hoffman Challenge. I believe Hoffman offers a certain fabric/s and the quilter must use it in a quilt. I am in awe of quilters. They truly are fabric artists. Let the show begin.
This is the Greater Cincinnati Landmarks Quilt Project.
The middle block is our Fountain Square.
I believe this next one is from the exhibit: In Full Bloom 2011: Floral Quilts in Memory of Helen Pearce O'Bryant.
That's all for today.
Marsha
4 comments:
Thank you so much for showing all these gorgeous quilts. WOW! Remarkable And great photos.
Hi Marsha- Thanks for the pictures.I was down there Thurs. evening and Friday and had a great time. Along with quilting goodies I bought 3 new cross stitch graphs. Love the photos -I tried to take some- but was sternly admonished to put away my camera so I came away photo-less - oh well- can't win them all - LOL!
Oooo...lucky you! Thank you for taking us along! What beautiful quilts...amazing!
Since I was sick I didn't get down there this year. I'm glad you took some pictures and shared them. I love those artichokes! Amazing work! Can't wait to see more.
Post a Comment