Last Friday night was Keepsakes Framing and Stitching, my local LNS, first Friday of the month stitch in. We pack ourselves into the shop on folding chairs or around the one big table to stitch and laugh and even do some shopping. One of our stitching friends has fallen ill from a stroke and is in the process of a slow recovery. We wish Pat lots of good will and hope she recovers her ability to live alone and stitch again. A round robin was started for Pat and I was thrilled to be asked to stitch a row. This is my first round robin and I hope to do another. It's harder than you think though. There's the size issue. The color issue. And most important, what the heck to stitch. I went through all my freebies and found a couple possibilities. I had one I was sure was perfect but when I started graphing it out and could see it wouldn't work. So, I started pulling books from my bookshelf. I have way more books than I thought, which was a nice surprise. I had one or two to flip through when I pulled this one out. I believe Ellen Chester had told me about this one last fall so I had ordered it but didn't really look through it.
Here's the back of it. All of the samplers shown, are charted in the book plus other motifs.
When I saw this, I knew it was the one and luckily it fit.
When I was in the shop Friday night, I found a Lizzie Kate chart with the saying 'Fear Less, Hope More'. I was going to use that but it just didn't fit. The saying, however, stuck in my mind and I knew I wanted to use it but switching it to put the positive first. Hope More, Fear Less. And you have to be fearless to make yourself do all the work in recovery.
So here is the wonderful round robin so far. Lisa, The Inspired Stitcher, did a blog post about her part.
When I arrived at Keepsakes on Friday, Barb, the shop owner handed me a birthday gift bag from my secret stitcher. My birthday isn't until the end of the month but I love celebrating a long time. Here are my goodies.
A sturdy horn book. I love bees and now have a cute bee needle keeper. By the Bay Stitch an Inch chart Summer Part I. A Mary Englebright card and a Barnes and Noble gift card. I was spoiled and I love it. This wonderful stitched ornament heart was also included. The colors are soft and pretty and I especially like the rosy ric rac stitched around the edge and the gold heart charm. Thank you so much secret stitcher. I love everything.
I hung it with my other secret stitcher piece in the kitchen so I can see it every day.
Thank you for your comments I read them all and appreciate the time you take to leave one.
Marsha
Here's the back of it. All of the samplers shown, are charted in the book plus other motifs.
When I saw this, I knew it was the one and luckily it fit.
When I was in the shop Friday night, I found a Lizzie Kate chart with the saying 'Fear Less, Hope More'. I was going to use that but it just didn't fit. The saying, however, stuck in my mind and I knew I wanted to use it but switching it to put the positive first. Hope More, Fear Less. And you have to be fearless to make yourself do all the work in recovery.
So here is the wonderful round robin so far. Lisa, The Inspired Stitcher, did a blog post about her part.
When I arrived at Keepsakes on Friday, Barb, the shop owner handed me a birthday gift bag from my secret stitcher. My birthday isn't until the end of the month but I love celebrating a long time. Here are my goodies.
A sturdy horn book. I love bees and now have a cute bee needle keeper. By the Bay Stitch an Inch chart Summer Part I. A Mary Englebright card and a Barnes and Noble gift card. I was spoiled and I love it. This wonderful stitched ornament heart was also included. The colors are soft and pretty and I especially like the rosy ric rac stitched around the edge and the gold heart charm. Thank you so much secret stitcher. I love everything.
I hung it with my other secret stitcher piece in the kitchen so I can see it every day.
Thank you for your comments I read them all and appreciate the time you take to leave one.
Marsha
8 comments:
I love seeing what's been added to the round robin since I had it last! I love what you chose to add to it too. You certainly have a really great secret stitcher this year. She knows you well!
BELLISSIMI LAVORI COMPLIMENTI,MI SPIACE PER IL TUO CONOSCENTE SPERO SI RIMETTA PRESTO,ANCORA TANTI COMPLIMENTI,UN ABBRACCIO ROSELLA ITALY.
The round robin is simply wonderful! Every row is such a positive affirmation - you guys are so thoughtful! Your goodies are great too! And you deserve to be spoiled!
I have that book. I agree it is very helpful! Good thoughts to your friend!
I do hope your friend Pat is well soon, I know that stitching and stitching friends can be such a comfort and help at rotten times.
Marsha,
The sampler you all are making for Pat is wonderful! I know she will love it and find the words on it very inspiring as she works through her recovery.
What a great gift from your secret stitcher!
I LOVE the piece you're all doing for your friend Pat. I will keep her in my prayers for a speedy recovery. I have that Samplers book--I love it! Definitely a treasure trove of stitching info and charts.
Give Buddy a cuddle from me and The Farting Fluffinator. I got him some new treats that he loves but phew--he knows how to clear a room! LOL
I love the round robin piece you're doing for your friend. It will be so special, and I'm sure she'll treasure it. Your secret stitcher pal has given you some adorable gifts.
Post a Comment