Monday, June 7, 2010

Augusta, Kentucky Art in the Garden

Gwyn, Cynthia and I had a wonderful Saturday. We drove out Route 52 from Cincinnati along the Ohio River. We parked the car and took a ferry boat ride across the river to Augusta, Kentucky. It was the annual Art in the Garden. Riverside drive was lined with artists of all kinds. We wanted something from every booth we visited. We meandered slowly from booths to gardens to chairs to shade. It had to be 90 degrees at least with lots of humidity. We had a little lunch, bought flowers, put bids in at the silent auction, went through the Rosemary Clooney museum and strolled through town. (we did not perspire, we sweat..........like pigs) I noticed dark skies down the river and by 4:00 it was lightning, thundering and pouring rain. My friends hung out in the wine booth enjoying a tasting. I hung out next door helping an artist get her paintings down and covered up. We gathered up our treasures and plants and rode the ferry back to real life. It was a delightful day.

One of the beautiful houses.
One of the beautiful gardens.

This has to be the prettiest garden shed/garage. A few of the flowers found in their garden.














We had our lunch outside on the balcony of the Beehive Tavern.

Just a street scene.


Later in the week I'll show you my silent auction win.

Marsha

3 comments:

KarenV said...

It sounds like a fun day! Thanks for sharing your photos.

Siobhán said...

It sounds like a fun day! I never knew there was a Rosemary Clooney museum--pretty cool!

Hazel said...

Looks like a wonderful place! x