I wanted to make this cake billed as a special occasion cake. And it was. Lucious layer lemon cake from Cooks's Illustrated March/April 2007. Wow, it was good. I've never attempted 7 minute frosting because of mixing 7 minutes over the stove but their version was doable. Heat the mixture over hot water while stirring with spoon until the mixture reaches 160 degrees F. Then transfer over to the stand mixture and let the mixer do the work for about 10 minutes. Perfect.


Family photo before a great meal of grilled salmon, brocoli, and roasted red potoatoes. In attendance: Dana (DD), Ryan (DS), Rich (DH), Evan (DGS) and Joe (DSIL).
After dinner, Evan treated us to a puppet show. (think Punch and Judy)
I hope Bonnie will visit again and realize that she won the giveaway. I will pull another name next Tuesday evening if I get no response.
Does anyone have any tips or hints on uploading pictures? My new camera's pictures are taking forever to upload. It's taking too long to blog and I have lots of pictures to share. HELP.
Marsha
5 comments:
Might be a blogger problem Marsha. I have that sometimes. Now about that cake! Y*U*M*M*Y! Can I stop by for piece? I hope that piece left on the cake plate was for yourself...winks.
I love picking blueberries. Jos does too and says he has to test every so many he puts in the bowl...lol.
Thanks for the heads up about the mail. I will wait a week before I send it just in case.
Hugs and happy birthday again!
Heidi
Marsha
Hope you had a wondeful birthday, and yes that cake looks super YUMMY,it seems you all had alot of fun.
Blessings and happy birthday again, Vilma
the larger the file size, the longer it takes to upload. Good cameras take BIG pictures (large file sizes). I always have to open my pictures in an editing program (I use Paint Shop Pro)crop and shrink them to 600pixels by whatever (changes with each picture), then save them at the new size and upload the smaller pictures. To check if this was your problem, I clicked one of the pictures and sure enough, it takes up my entire screen (which is 32 inches wide).
You need to make them smaller, and they will upload faster. :)
It looks like a fun day! I upload my pictures through Flickr.
Hi great rreading your blog
Post a Comment